Page 93 of 185 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103143 ... LastLast

Thread: A Thread to bitch and complain?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing View Post
    I guess not. I think you sound like an unreasonable whiner. I cannot imagine telling a respirator dependent quad that my situation was the worst thing imaginable. I think you need some serious perspective.

C.
    Omg.I can't believe you feel this way.

This is really why I love & adore Amanda/oj.She endures way more limitations,way more stress,requires dependendcy out the yang but still feels it doesn't matter what level sci or disability you have.She sees that all people hurt,we're all missing the whole package we desperately want back,that all of us have been robbed.For these reasons she is a dear & understanding friend,my favorite person I've gotten to know through this crap and an inspiration to me.

John/greybeard is another dear friend.He's a walking para,but I could never tell him to get over himself for hurting & missing a life he loved.He still has it rough & struggles just the same as I do.I listen to him & honestly hurt for him.I would never throw up his ability to walk because it's a strenuous battle for him or the fact that he has his hands,etc.I think too often paras or those that walk are just written off as healed & their life is peachy fine just as you are trying to imply about Imight.I don't have to personally know him to realize sci has f'ed his life up in many ways,just as mine,just as a high quad.

Well ALL hurt no matter the injury level.I believe it's you that may need the reality check.This isn't an attack,but a suggestion.I'm glad you wake up seeing rainbows despite your injury,but you aren't the majority I'm sorry to say.It seems like you try to mean well but you come off as a very insensitive person.

Lastly,this is a place to vent.Nobody comes here( this thread) for advice,support is fine although this was a total dig imo.If they/we start a thread asking for it,that's a different story.Can we just return to it's purpose & not ruin it?

Can we please get back to

I have the same issues w/ my memory foam mattress too.It's great for pressure relief but can get pretty hot.I paid too much to get rid of it though,so some nights I will just have to be a sweaty mess.Thank goodness for morning showers & lotion.

This is happening really frequently lately.I'm just burning up day & night.I'll take my temp & I have no fever.My temperature isn't even high either.the worst is feeling a band of miserable fire around my abdomen & back.New nerve pain or a new gift from my fried autonomic system?!IDK.In my earlier days i remember wearing a sweatshirt in the dead of summer.I'd still feel as if I were freezing but I was all blotchy from AD saying "you're overheating crazy!"I still get feelings of extreme coldness esp. on a rainy day.Sometimes I sleep with three blankets,covered head to toe & I'm still miserably cold.Then it causes major spasms in my neck from where I get so tense.These body signals really suck.

Does anyone else here feel a constant vibration all over?Sometimes my mind just can't sway from this annoyance.

I've been having a week fro hell with spasms.I've had a mentally stressful week & that will get them flaring like crazy.At night is when I mostly spaz from lying down flat anyways.My kicking has been so bad I feel like my hip will just pop out of socket!I've woke up every morning with my feet off the wedge so I'm expecting a pressure issue to arise anyday.I just can't lay down w/ my feet not propped or this happens.Oh,the joys of seizure like spazzing that takes your breath away.

Btw Addiesue ,congratulation on your new accessible potty with unaccessible access.I went camping for my b-day in a National park.They had a full hanicap bathroom but no ramp to it.However they had one with a ramp but all access was denied to that area,camping too per the Park Ranger.wth,go figure.I'm just glad it wasn't time for the 'ole bp thing & I wear a leg bag so I can pee in the woods,lol.We also had issues because the only way to park w/ space for my ramp was in the grass.It had to be moved,destroying nature<eye roll>.So a friend had to get on her knees & move it using the hand controls.We were so scared she'd wreck.
    Last edited by quad79; 08-20-2009 at 02:14 PM. Reason: add comment

pain

Been a rotten summer, pain generally running 8-10. no sleep in 3 days. i get spastic attacks but every 2-3 weeks for a week they go totally overboard and I've started one of these cycles.

All my docs disagree, expected a pain pump by now but that doc thinks there is an organic problem. Said no til he's convinced otherwise.

My main guy has tried all sorts of tests and I hae too much hardware to get a clean set of films

Into NYC to see a "world class guy" who for $450 basically said statistically I'm fucked based on my history, it's likely permanent nerve damage and anymore surgery would make it worse, but says my films suck and he'll give a final after he sees them because there is an anaomly that is mostly hidden by hardware.

Back to my primary guy who said the films just suck and his other ideas are inconclusive so now I get a myelogram. Have to go to a myelogram hot shot so have to wait til Sept 3! And they want it in a hospital cause of all my fucking allergies diabetes and hardware.

Did I mention pain, exhaustion and severe spastic attacks.

Oh yeah, back on temp disability $150 a week wtf???? Hopefully I'll be able to go back to work fast or at least I'll finally loose some weight.

In such a financila hole I'm selling my Samurai Sword collection, the only thing I own anymore besides a watch.

Oh "Tiger", as a very high functioning Cauda Equina, maybe I should be posting in a "my life is great and I'm here to brag" board. Maybe comment how great it is to be able to walk with beltsanders ripping my feet apart all the time even though they're numb and i consequently trip and fall down and am generally perceived to be drunk cause I walk/stagger.

I'm sure others have it worse but my life sucks right now.

Long rant on a particularly bad day.

Bill

All that I am is all gone

Hugs Bill.Although I don't quite know your pain,I feel it with your posts.Pain can be just as debilitating as the disability itself,I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by bollefen View Post
    Oh "Tiger", as a very high functioning Cauda Equina, maybe I should be posting in a "my life is great and I'm here to brag" board.
    Wow. Some people really do go out of their way to miss the point.

I'm sure others have it worse but my life sucks right now.
    That's totally understandable and also quite different from what I responded to in an earlier post. Sorry things suck for you right now.

C.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing View Post
    Wow. Some people really do go out of their way to miss the point.
    Maybe the point isn't being made very well.

It is always someone else's fault with you huh Tiger.

Quote Originally Posted by brocko View Post
    Maybe the point isn't being made very well.
    Perhaps not.

It is always someone else's fault with you huh Tiger.
    No, it's my fault that I waste as much time here as I do.

C.

Quote Originally Posted by quad79 View Post
    He's a walking para,but I could never tell him to get over himself for hurting & missing a life he loved.He still has it rough & struggles just the same as I do.I listen to him & honestly hurt for him.I would never throw up his ability to walk because it's a strenuous battle for him or the fact that he has his hands,etc.
    That's wonderful, but here's the thing, sometimes people need to be told a harsh truth and sometimes that truth is that they need to refocus their energies and view their lives with a bit more perspective. That hardly translates to telling someone to "get over himself." And, I'm sorry, but I just don't believe that you would look on your friend quite so highly if, on a regular basis, he not only vented about his pain, but actually told you that his injury was the MOST HORRIBLE THING that could happen.

I think too often paras or those that walk are just written off as healed & their life is peachy fine just as you are trying to imply about Imight.
    Hold it right there. See, this is why I quote things so specifically, to try to avoid misunderstandings and outright BS. What I said is that the OP's situation is NOT the "most horrible thing" that could happen to someone and from that you infer that I really mean that his life is "peachy fine?"

Well ALL hurt no matter the injury level.
    I am aware. In fact, I have noted that to any number of people over the yrs who have thought that my situation was so terrible that they had no business complaining about their own pain. OTOH, I've also been told by a number of people who post on this website that I have no business complaining about anything because I am not in financial straits.

I believe it's you that may need the reality check.This isn't an attack,but a suggestion.I'm glad you wake up seeing rainbows despite your injury,but you aren't the majority
    Do I seriously need to list the shit that I've been through in my life again? Maybe just the surgeries and procedures that I've been through in the past 2 yrs? When I talk about "perspective" why do some people go to "rainbows?"

I'm sorry to say.It seems like you try to mean well but you come off as a very insensitive person.
    I tell someone that there is hope and wish them a rapid journey out of despair and I'm "insensitive?" Fascinating.

Lastly,this is a place to vent.Nobody comes here( this thread) for advice,support is fine although this was a total dig imo.If they/we start a thread asking for it,that's a different story.
    I already acknowledged that in an earlier post.

I think I need to start a thread and ask people what they think "perspective" means. I honestly can't believe that I am the only one who recognizes its value.

C.

I don't know if this is necessarily bitching or complaining, but I didn't want to start my own thread.

My grandma had colon cancer in 2005 and it's come back. She's 83 and doesn't want any more surgeries. Her health isn't the greatest to begin with so surgery would be too much for her body to take. She just wants to be comfortable at home for as long as possible until she passes away. She now has hospice and 24 hr nursing care set up until funds run dry or nature takes its course. I know we all have to transition sooner or later but I'm taking this pretty hard. She is honestly the most generous and loving woman I know (my mom learned it from her ) I'm trying to spend as much time as I can with her and at least I have the greatest memories from childhood and now with her. She practically raised me when both my parents had to work long hours. She is a very selfless and brave woman. I am scared for the moment when I don't have her here for me anymore.
    Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
    -Dorothy Thompson

It might be time to break out the