Page 9 of 185 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: A Thread to bitch and complain?

Quote Originally Posted by Duramater
    So the poor little old man was yelping..."MY PENIS HURTS!!!!" and I look and some ding-bat downstairs chucked him in a wheelchair after TAPING the foley tubing tight to his leg to his skin!!! When I corrected that and put on the appropriate leg strap..he sighed, relieved, and coughed on me.
    When I was in the hospital, I was deathly afraid of getting the foley yanked out during transfers. I'd wrap the tube around my own hand anytime anyone was moving me or the foley around. Several times I had to hang on tight as the tube was yanked hard... made me feel like coughing on the nurse, but I restrained myself.

Quote Originally Posted by bob clark
    Hi Karen,

When I would get a bad UTI I would get a pain in my right side side, in the liver area. And I would take an antibiotic and it would clear up and go away. But then after 24 years post-SCI injury I would take an antibiotic (usually Cipro) and the pain would subside but not go away completely. Then the pain got worse and I finally figured out that it wasn't being caused by a UTI. These things can be difficult to get a grip on.

So after about 3 years of "AGONY" as you describe it, a severe stabbing pain in my liver area, I was finally diagnosed with neuropathic pain. I'm now taking 2,400mgs (400mgs x 6) of gabapentin (Neurontin) a day and that has helped a LOT. I may need to increase my dose in the near future though.

SCIs can get an area called.... damn, I forget what it's called. Someone help me out please! Gabapentin can make you forgetful too! Anyway, we can get an area below our injury level (I'm a T-5) where pain, no matter where it actually eminates from, will be felt in that certain area. For example, your left kidney may be in "pain" or stress of some sort but you'll feel it on your right side. One of those strange phenomenons of SCI.

Sounds like you have a UTI but if after getting it taken care of completely (no kidney infection etc.) and you know for certain that you're no longer infected and you still have that pain there... say after another week or two, you may want to keep the possibility of neuropathic pain in mind.

I hope you're feeling better soon. No "green smoothies" for me either!

Bob.
    Thanks Bob.

I've actually had a urine test since this all started, and it was fine. No weird stinky pee or fever, either. Just had my kidneys scanned twice lately, and they looked good (so no stones or anything).
    My pain isn't stabbing, it's a dreadful grinding ache.

Sjean and yourself may well be right about it being referred pain, but at this point, I just don't know.

I used to take Neurontin for pain at injury level, but haven't taken them for a long time now - long before this new pain.
    I would try them again if this was nerve pain, as I didn't have any troublesome side effects.

One good thing (so this is not really the right thread, hehe) - this morning I got an appointment for an MRI at the end of August!
    Getting an MRI so soon is unusual here.

Sjean - heck, I don't even get in my chair when the pain is bad! I just sort of writh around in bed moaning in agony.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    They're going to make you pay twice? That's robbery, plain and simple. F'n DMV.
    It's not the DMV that is going to make me pay twice it's the driving instructor's place because he has to come down from Chicago to let me use the car.

Still robbery either way you look at it.
    T-5 incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by RaeRae
    It's not the DMV that is going to make me pay twice it's the driving instructor's place because he has to come down from Chicago to let me use the car.

Still robbery either way you look at it.
    Why do you have to use the driving instructor's car for your DMV test? Is this a requirement? or do you not own your own car? If you own your own car then you SHOULD be able to use it...If not, I'd think you should be able to talk to the instructor's place about the double charge...It wasn't YOUR fault that the DMV didn't give you appropriate info, they are the driving school, they should have known the requirements and been able to tell you everything that you needed before the test...It's partially their fault as well....THEY need to eat the cost...IMHO....
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Wink

Members Forum is the one to bitch and complain

Quote Originally Posted by Broknwing
    Why do you have to use the driving instructor's car for your DMV test? Is this a requirement? or do you not own your own car? If you own your own car then you SHOULD be able to use it...If not, I'd think you should be able to talk to the instructor's place about the double charge...It wasn't YOUR fault that the DMV didn't give you appropriate info, they are the driving school, they should have known the requirements and been able to tell you everything that you needed before the test...It's partially their fault as well....THEY need to eat the cost...IMHO....
    I don't have my own car yet. I will talk to them and see what can be done, but with my luck.. I'll end up having to pay again.
    T-5 incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by keps

Sjean - heck, I don't even get in my chair when the pain is bad! I just sort of writh around in bed moaning in agony.
    So sorry you are still having those pain issues. ..... I was referring to the wet sofa cushions tho when I made the "not getting out of the chair" comment. If it's one of those days, I wont transfer to any furniture

On a bad pain day, I usually force my self to get going, as it sometimes helps for me. Generally I threaten/bribe myself, no 2nd pain pil 'til I'm up!
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by sjean423
    So sorry you are still having those pain issues. ..... I was referring to the wet sofa cushions tho when I made the "not getting out of the chair" comment. If it's one of those days, I wont transfer to any furniture

On a bad pain day, I usually force my self to get going, as it sometimes helps for me. Generally I threaten/bribe myself, no 2nd pain pil 'til I'm up!
    Makes me hanker after the days when I allowed myself pain pills. Especially on mornings like this when I wake up hurting.

Karen, where are you? How did the tests go yesterday. Please report in so we'll know you're all right or, anyway, alive, or at least so we can rag on you.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Sjean - oops. I misunderstood. Now I see what you mean.

Steve - I'm stuck in bed for the new few days at least, while a split on my ass heals. I'm seriously peed off, because I split the skin myself this morning by being too rough.
    This split is the worst one I've ever had, so I'm quite worried.

I'm able to spend less time online than usual, because except for an hour here and there, I'm having to stay on my side in bed to relieve the pressure on my ass. I can't use the laptop on my side.

The MRI I mentioned is not until the end of August. Hope my ass is fine by then.

Quote Originally Posted by keps
    Sjean - oops. I misunderstood. Now I see what you mean.

Steve - I'm stuck in bed for the new few days at least, while a split on my ass heals. I'm seriously peed off, because I split the skin myself this morning by being too rough.
    This split is the worst one I've ever had, so I'm quite worried.

I'm able to spend less time online than usual, because except for an hour here and there, I'm having to stay on my side in bed to relieve the pressure on my ass. I can't use the laptop on my side.

The MRI I mentioned is not until the end of August. Hope my ass is fine by then.
    o my god keps how come you cannot have an mri the next day you ask for in uk?here in romania if i call my docs ...the next day the mri ,etc.will be done.
    for free.[the goverment pays for disabled and for retired people].
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."