Page 80 of 185 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687888990130180 ... LastLast

Thread: A Thread to bitch and complain?

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post
    I do have a nice time now but the last three days my feet have a lot of edema, today my urine sample showed an increase of white blood cells and blood and I have a fever. And I feel like shit tonight

I have been sleeping with my feets up for three nights but the edema is getting worse and the wrong foot is most bad. At least it is a doctor here and he worry a little and I think I can trust him. I feel a little like a hypochondriac, they worry for my heart, I am worried for my kidneys. No pain at all, but with the morphin patch maybe I have pain I can't feel
    Please take care of yourself! Hope that UTI is not returning.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

I know what you mean bollefen and alan. It would be interesting to see how someone would react if you gave them your pain for a minute. They might ask you to call 911!
    Ashley, I hope your blood pressure stablizes at some point. I haven't checked mine. I know it was low in the beginning.
    Danine, are there times when you don't notice the pain?
    women from Europe, do you use a morphine patch a lot? Is it prescribed for muscular pain or something else?
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post
    I do have a nice time now but the last three days my feet have a lot of edema, today my urine sample showed an increase of white blood cells and blood and I have a fever. And I feel like shit tonight

I have been sleeping with my feets up for three nights but the edema is getting worse and the wrong foot is most bad. At least it is a doctor here and he worry a little and I think I can trust him. I feel a little like a hypochondriac, they worry for my heart, I am worried for my kidneys. No pain at all, but with the morphin patch maybe I have pain I can't feel

Maybe this Dr will be more proactive. You are at a rehab place ....
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Another damn DVT! Right leg this time, running from above my ankle all the way up to my filter [which probably saved my life]. I knew it was bad when the ultrasound tech kept working the sensor up higher and higher, until he was pressing it into my chest just below the sternum. So it's lovenox shots and at least six months of coumadin for me, maybe a long-term blood thinner after that.

What's scary is how little I had to go on. The leg didn't feel hot or look red at all. My foot was swollen but that's not uncommon for me. What made me think something was wrong was that my calf muscle felt quite firm compared to the other. That's all!

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Another damn DVT! Right leg this time, running from above my ankle all the way up to my filter [which probably saved my life]. I knew it was bad when the ultrasound tech kept working the sensor up higher and higher, until he was pressing it into my chest just below the sternum. So it's lovenox shots and at least six months of coumadin for me, maybe a long-term blood thinner after that.

What's scary is how little I had to go on. The leg didn't feel hot or look red at all. My foot was swollen but that's not uncommon for me. What made me think something was wrong was that my calf muscle felt quite firm compared to the other. That's all!
    Glad you're getting it treated, Z!
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

thanks rich...it's just very frustrating to feel puny all the time from it being so low.
    Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
    -Dorothy Thompson

Mine weren;t red or hot either. And bilateral, so hard to see the difference. It took my daughter, being away for a few days, to say that they were much too firm.

I was told, if I ever got a 2nd one, it was coumadin for life.

Good luck.

(And of course, this will completely throw your spasticity control for a loop .... )
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Zero, That DVT sounds scary. You mean it is a blood clot that extends all that way?
    I figured the size of clots would be small.
    Rich

I have a birthday party coming up.
    I am excited about that.
    I am hurting, physically.
    I am sleepy a lot.
    I am frustrated that I don't have help, here at my house.
    There is always so much to do.
    My kitchen needs to be rehabbed.
    I tore it out (with help).
    I set up a temporary kitchen.
    My friend leveled the floor of the kitchen. It was 4" out of level. That made it a pain to use.
    I went to Home Depot. I think I will use Kraftmade cabinets. They have a series called Passport, that are lower and have higher kickspaces.
    I am having trouble using my time wisely.
    It would be easy to just stay at the computer all day.
    I have stuff to do but it doesn't look appealing.
    I will start doing it, anyway.
    Rich

When I post, I try to have correct spelling and grammar. I try to present things in a clear and straight forward way. But, I think I can come accross in a way that turns people off.
    I am just a guy in a wheelchair. I am almost 50 years old. I was a carpenter.
    I'm in pain physically and emotionally more than I'd like to be.
    I just finished 5 semesters of college.
    I live in a house I bought 4 months before my accident.
    I live alone. I live in a quiet place with a nice view.
    I live in a house that needs a lot of maintenance.
    The mortgage, taxes and insurance on the house are $1457.00 per month.
    That is a huge amount considering my disability income.
    Credit cards cover expenses that exceed my income.
    I look forward to paying off my debt and having an adequate income to live well.
    Oh well. Life goes on...
    Rich