Page 8 of 185 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: A Thread to bitch and complain?

I had to go to my mother-in-law's today, all was good till she started bollocking me and my hubby because we smoke

I need my vices gawd damn it!
    There are no such things as incurables; there are only things for which man has not found a cure.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Duramater
    Snort, cough, sputter..yup. Is it still a good deed since I got paid??
    No, I forgot you're a nurse. Probably your fault you tricky vixen, you.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Quote Originally Posted by pararich
    Keps,
    I've been peeing myself this week.
    Like you needed to know that.
    My butt is aching like crazy. I guess I should have taken the additional 2 neurontin pills through the day ( I took one this morning).
    How are you feeling, these days?
    Lol, hey, I don't mind knowing that.
    I've had weeks like that...not nice. No fun wetting all soft furnishings plus most of your wardrobe, huh?

My butt is fine...it's my side that is hurting. Best word to describe it: AGONY.

Okay, so it's been a drought almost all Summer. Damn rain keeps coming in while we tried pouring concrete... finally got that done. I know we need it and all, but now it keeps coming up a ''gully washer'' before I can get sod and some landscaping done. Ga. clay keeps washing onto the concrete too.. I know, I know... work faster!!! I am....

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Quote Originally Posted by keps
    Lol, hey, I don't mind knowing that.
    I've had weeks like that...not nice. No fun wetting all soft furnishings plus most of your wardrobe, huh?

My butt is fine...it's my side that is hurting. Best word to describe it: AGONY.
    Hi Karen,

When I would get a bad UTI I would get a pain in my right side side, in the liver area. And I would take an antibiotic and it would clear up and go away. But then after 24 years post-SCI injury I would take an antibiotic (usually Cipro) and the pain would subside but not go away completely. Then the pain got worse and I finally figured out that it wasn't being caused by a UTI. These things can be difficult to get a grip on.

So after about 3 years of "AGONY" as you describe it, a severe stabbing pain in my liver area, I was finally diagnosed with neuropathic pain. I'm now taking 2,400mgs (400mgs x 6) of gabapentin (Neurontin) a day and that has helped a LOT. I may need to increase my dose in the near future though.

SCIs can get an area called.... damn, I forget what it's called. Someone help me out please! Gabapentin can make you forgetful too! Anyway, we can get an area below our injury level (I'm a T-5) where pain, no matter where it actually eminates from, will be felt in that certain area. For example, your left kidney may be in "pain" or stress of some sort but you'll feel it on your right side. One of those strange phenomenons of SCI.

Sounds like you have a UTI but if after getting it taken care of completely (no kidney infection etc.) and you know for certain that you're no longer infected and you still have that pain there... say after another week or two, you may want to keep the possibility of neuropathic pain in mind.

I hope you're feeling better soon. No "green smoothies" for me either!

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

I use the term referred pain, when the pain from say a uti, or infected toe is felt in my back, but it is usually just around my level of injury. Don;t know what the area is called tho.

Keps, when I have days like that, I won't even get out of my chair!
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

I went to the DMV today to take the written/driving test. I waited 2hrs just for them to tell me I need a form filled out (which they gave me) by my doctor and brought back to continue. I called them and told them before hand that I was in a wheelchair and wanted to get my license.. what all do I need?? They didn't say anything about this form. So, it cost me 175.00 for nothing. The guy had to come down from Chicago with the car and hand controls and that is where the money went. Now, I have to do it all over again for another 175.00.

UGH!!!
    T-5 incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by sjean423
    I use the term referred pain, when the pain from say a uti, or infected toe is felt in my back, but it is usually just around my level of injury. Don;t know what the area is called tho.

Keps, when I have days like that, I won't even get out of my chair!
    Hi SJean,

Thanks, that's the term I was looking for, referred pain. The problem is that no matter where it's at or what it's called, it still hurts!

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Quote Originally Posted by Juke_spin
    No, I forgot you're a nurse. Probably your fault you tricky vixen, you.

So the poor little old man was yelping..."MY PENIS HURTS!!!!" and I look and some ding-bat downstairs chucked him in a wheelchair after TAPING the foley tubing tight to his leg to his skin!!! When I corrected that and put on the appropriate leg strap..he sighed, relieved, and coughed on me.

Pout pout pout...
    1FineSpineRN

Quote Originally Posted by RaeRae
    I went to the DMV today to take the written/driving test. I waited 2hrs just for them to tell me I need a form filled out (which they gave me) by my doctor and brought back to continue. I called them and told them before hand that I was in a wheelchair and wanted to get my license.. what all do I need?? They didn't say anything about this form. So, it cost me 175.00 for nothing. The guy had to come down from Chicago with the car and hand controls and that is where the money went. Now, I have to do it all over again for another 175.00.

UGH!!!
    They're going to make you pay twice? That's robbery, plain and simple. F'n DMV.