Page 75 of 185 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576777879808182838485125175 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 1842

Thread: A Thread to bitch and complain?

  1. #741
    Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Any news on this?

    No, I haven't heard nothing.
    TH 12, 43 years post

  2. #742
    Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    WFE-My urologist told me that foot swelling is rarely due to kidney problems, if that is any comfort. I got bad swelling and a kidney stone once, was convinced they were related. He said my feet would only swell like that if I was going into renal failure.

    I notice kidney stones only hit on holidays and vacation time. That SUCKS.
    I have been in bed with my feet up most of the day and the swelling is better. Starting to be normal. It is only 2 weeks since I took the creatinine bloodtest, I hope it was showing the right result, the doctor said it was normal. But I think I have stopped to trust any doctor.

    The summer I had low thoroid and I didn't know, my feet were swelling very bad all summer
    TH 12, 43 years post

  3. #743
    Sorry to hear of so many folks not feeling well.....everybody get better soon!!!!!

    I need to bitch a little.....I guess AB'd folks don't think I can feel it when they bump into my wheelchair.

    I've been feeling down lately, so I decided to get out of the house today and treat myself to one of my favorite things in the whole wide world...COFFEE...at my all time favorite coffee shop....that's where I am right now, but there's a bit of a croud in here and people keep bumping into my chair.

    They don't stop and say excuse me, go to hell, or anything...just bump the chair and walk on by like they don't realize I can feel it.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

  4. #744

    too funny

    Leif,

    Too funny...I think you found your calling! Is your daughter gonna be a backup singer/dancer?!

  5. #745
    Quote Originally Posted by Danine View Post
    Sorry to hear of so many folks not feeling well.....everybody get better soon!!!!!

    I need to bitch a little.....I guess AB'd folks don't think I can feel it when they bump into my wheelchair.

    I've been feeling down lately, so I decided to get out of the house today and treat myself to one of my favorite things in the whole wide world...COFFEE...at my all time favorite coffee shop....that's where I am right now, but there's a bit of a croud in here and people keep bumping into my chair.

    They don't stop and say excuse me, go to hell, or anything...just bump the chair and walk on by like they don't realize I can feel it.

    I hate that, really hate it when they do it. In Thailand this summer a German bumped into my chair three times and I exploded. I don't know what they are thinking, I sometimes ask if someone felt an earth quake and I say it loud. The German got angry on me and I was screaming back to him.
    TH 12, 43 years post

  6. #746
    Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post
    I hate that, really hate it when they do it. In Thailand this summer a German bumped into my chair three times and I exploded. I don't know what they are thinking, I sometimes ask if someone felt an earth quake and I say it loud. The German got angry on me and I was screaming back to him.
    Maybe I should start throwing elbows...I can see it now..."handicapped woman arrested for assaulting customers at a local coffee shop"
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

  7. #747
    Senior Member rdf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Someplace between Nowhere and Goodbye
    Posts
    12,961
    Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post
    I hate that, really hate it when they do it. In Thailand this summer a German bumped into my chair three times and I exploded. I don't know what they are thinking, I sometimes ask if someone felt an earth quake and I say it loud. The German got angry on me and I was screaming back to him.
    Folks bump into our chairs all the time wfe. 99% of the time, it's accidental, and often they're embarrassed and therefore don't have the gumption or integrity to apologize, or they just don't care and treat us like we're just another person, AB or paralyzed - they don't care or can't tell, and either or makes no difference.

    The other 1% of the time means to me the German fella was hittin on you, especially after 3 'bumps.' And you screamed at him...tsk tsk tsk - he might have been a superb urologist
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

    Thanks!

  8. #748
    LOL, no he was with his whole family and so was I. And here the people use to say sorry if they bump into ABs. I use to go to coffe shops here and nobody is saying sorry to me if they bump my chair and sometimes they kick the chair, you know, just moving their feet. I can still kick so it happens I am kicking them on the ankle

    I am not so kind, the people don't think, it is like I am not there. If the sidewalk is narrow and a woman with a baby wagon is coming she waits I am going to move out in the street. And more than once people are angry on me when I am going downhills because I don't use the breaks. What breaks? I have never seen a manuell with breaks for downhills
    TH 12, 43 years post

  9. #749
    Senior Member rdf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Someplace between Nowhere and Goodbye
    Posts
    12,961
    Well, I'm sorry Norwegian Girll But, who knows, the German was, or might have been, on the prowl. Disregarding that, if someone bumps into your chair, say, hey,, give a little respect here....that usually works. If it doesn't. then as a woman, Norwegian or from wherever, you're in charge. Women always are, to my learning.lAnd it's never failed me yet. But I'm from America.....so does that even count?
    Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post
    LOL, no he was with his whole family and so was I. And here the people use to say sorry if they bump into ABs. I use to go to coffe shops here and nobody is saying sorry to me if they bump my chair and sometimes they kick the chair, you know, just moving their feet. I can still kick so it happens I am kicking them on the ankle

    I am not so kind, the people don't think, it is like I am not there. If the sidewalk is narrow and a woman with a baby wagon is coming she waits I am going to move out in the street. And more than once people are angry on me when I am going downhills because I don't use the breaks. What breaks? I have never seen a manuell with breaks for downhills
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

    Thanks!

  10. #750
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Placerville, CA
    Posts
    8,259
    Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    Well, I'm sorry Norwegian Girll But, who knows, the German was, or might have been, on the prowl. Disregarding that, if someone bumps into your chair, say, hey,, give a little respect here....that usually works. If it doesn't. then as a woman, Norwegian or from wherever, you're in charge. Women always are, to my learning.lAnd it's never failed me yet. But I'm from America.....so does that even count?
    Of course it counts, we all count; it's us against the governments of the world:

    I start from the supposition that the world is topsy-turvy, that things are all wrong, that the wrong people are in jail and the wrong people are out of jail, that the wrong people are in power and the wrong people are out of power, that the wealth is distributed in this country and the world in such a way as not simply to require small reform but to require a drastic reallocation of wealth. I start from the supposition that we don't have to say too much about this because all we have to do is think about the state of the world today and realize that things are all upside down.
    Howard Zinn from the Zinn Reader, Seven Stories Press



    Steve / Juke
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •