Page 60 of 185 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110160 ... LastLast

Thread: A Thread to bitch and complain?

The US government is forceful when it comes to claiming what is Caesar's, whether it is initial payment or return for an error. We fear the Internal Revenue Service more than say, Guantanamo. Social Security learned from them. "Draconian" was the word that sprang to mind.

All that said, sometimes they realize that payment is more likely if the payer isn't imprisoned, homeless or starved to death, so they cut some slack.

Heath, ask for a waiver.....and explain that it will cause a hardship.

http://www.ssa.gov/online/ssa-632.html
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Timaru View Post

Is there not a similar rule in the States?
    I believe so as well.

I know there is something on here where the person is paying back an overpayment with a small payment each month. Ask about making monthly payments.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

I have got the UTI back. Last antibiotics on Friday and now I start again. I get crazy, honestly I do

I tried to call the infection doctor, he was not in, my usual doctor doesn't work today. I am not feeling bad yet, only a little fever and very sleepy.
    TH 12, 43 years post

WFE, sorry your UTI is back. Drink as much as you can stand. Can you get cranberry juice in Norway? It is supposed to help some.

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy View Post
    Heath, ask for a waiver.....and explain that it will cause a hardship.

http://www.ssa.gov/online/ssa-632.html
    I am awaiting that paperwork and legal aid on the matter but they are being very pushy to start recovery even though it is being appealed again. I'm trying and hoping for the best.

Really bad stomach ache. It's frightening me.

It's been bad the last couple of days, and doesn't seem to be easing. I'm taking codeine, paracetamol and ibuprofen, and it still really really hurts most of the time.
    I don't want to see the doctor, but I might have to consider it if it carries on like this.

Quote Originally Posted by keps View Post
    Really bad stomach ache. It's frightening me.

It's been bad the last couple of days, and doesn't seem to be easing. I'm taking codeine, paracetamol and ibuprofen, and it still really really hurts most of the time.
    I don't want to see the doctor, but I might have to consider it if it carries on like this.
    Get to the doctor girl! If it is frightening you and you have no idea what is causing it, then go. Before the weekend. You'll be relieved you did.

Quote Originally Posted by carbar View Post
    Get to the doctor girl! If it is frightening you and you have no idea what is causing it, then go. Before the weekend. You'll be relieved you did.
    Quite right.

If there is something wrong those painkillers will be making it worse.

Best of luck Karen.

I dunno guys. I've had bad stomachs before, and seen the doctor, but they can never find anything wrong.
    But this is possibly the most consistently bad ache I've had so...ack.
    It might be due to antibiotics I was taking for acne. I stopped those when this pain started, so maybe things will improve soon.