Page 59 of 185 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109159 ... LastLast

Thread: A Thread to bitch and complain?

I already carry cat food in my truck. now I have to carry a 5 gallon bucket too?

They must have hated that ride! But you had to get them home, right.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing View Post
    So my little girl isn't the only one! True will run and hide anytime someone stands up and won't come back out until everyone is sitting down. Took us a long time to figure it out. We thought she was just exceptionally skittish and was only comfortable around me since I raised her from a kitten when I was living alone. I finally got the idea that she didn't like people standing or walking around and we tested that theory by having my husband try to approach her while using a wheelchair. It worked! He could wheel right up to her and pet her with no problem. The second he stood up, she bolted. As long as he stays sitting down, she adores him though. And his little boy, Bear, sleeps on my chair every night.

C.
    Tiger, this is a scream. I have an ab friend who is constantly trying to befriend my cats. She stands and bends at the waist with her hands gently extended. They want NO part of her till she sits herself down at the level they are familiar with.

Eileen, my one cat Mr. Puss showed up while I was in rehab. I came home and he's been a mama's boy ever since. He loves to ride around on my lap and follows my chair everywhere. If I'm not feeling well and stay in bed,he's right beside me. My dog Eubow is the same way, except he's too big to ride on my lap!Harley and Scooter were kittens when I was injured and my family and friends were so involved in me that the animals got feed, watered and cleaned up after etc, but there was hardly any interaction. So, I think they kinda learned not to need or crave that human attention anymore. IDK? I think all the animals were so damn spoiled before that now they're just pissed and want their old life back too!Maybe they all need to go through all the steps until they finally accept .

Addiesue, I miss rescuing so much! If I have someone with me, I still pull over on the side of the road if I see an animal and have them grab it. We'll bring it home and we'll keep it until we find it's owner or adopt them out. I use to go to sites were the really frightened strays were(usually back in the woods) and I'd sit there for hours a day until I taught them to trust enough to where I could leash them, bring them home, socialize them and eventually adopt them out. And cats! I was the queen of socializing the really feral ones.Whenever there was a problem with a feral or one with a 'tude in the clinic, it was Shannon to the rescue! We had a huge rescue through the adoption center, it involved getting 86 animals from a 200 acre farm. They were all feral totally scared cats and dogs, it was a really pitiful site. It was so satisfying to rehabilitate them though. Most found some really great homes, the rest were still kept @ the shelter(we were no-kill).I wanna be back in the clinic helping to spay and neuter those animals. We would even go into the really rural areas where people wouldn't typically take there pets to the vet and do on site surgeries and care. I gave my whole heart to saving animals.Girl, sometimes I just long for those days back.

Chris, sometimes you've gotta work with what you've got. The important thing is that they were SAVED!

TR, Mr. Puss loves my chair too. His favorite bed is one of my old wheelchair cushions!

Bethney, it is a good book. Didn't think I would read a book about a crip. I have one coming I think it's, He won't get far on foot. I'm not sure if I ordered it from Ebay or amazon.com but I only paid a dollar for it plus shipping so for 4$ not bad.
    I want to Rock you Gypsy soul and together we will flow into the Mystic.
    Van Morrison

I get a letter in the mail today from Social Security stating that I have a huge overpayment due in 30 days. This overpayment money was in savings but the ex "spent" this money without my knowledge before the divorce and there was nothing I could do because she was on the account. I also cannot hold her responsible for any of the repayment because it is only in my name. Now I am sitting here not knowing which way to turn and starting next month they are taking my full monthly allowance for repayment. I am waiting on information for free legal aid in my area as I cannot afford a high priced attorney to go over my options. Nice holiday present isn't it?

Damn, Heath. I'm sorry! I hope the karmic mack truck is heading down her life's freeway even now.

Heath,
    Ouch.....I am so sorry. Hope you can get it sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by HeathQuad View Post
    I get a letter in the mail today from Social Security stating that I have a huge overpayment due in 30 days.
    I went through something similar many years ago. It's a frustrating system and I feel for you. I hope you are able to get a waiver or some such. Good luck.

C.

In England the relevant Gov. Dept. that overpaid can only recover it's money at a rate that causes you no hardship, ie. £100 per month, £5 per week, whatever. There is also a statute of limitations which I think is three years, if they don't spot their mistake in that time you keep the money.

Is there not a similar rule in the States?