Page 5 of 185 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: A Thread to bitch and complain?

Quote Originally Posted by keps
    I'm officially full of poo!

I saw it on my xray. Naturally, this gives my bf ammo for jokes along the lines of "I always thought you were full of shit!".

*More bitching* Lactulose is revolting.
    Holy shit, Karen; I developed the same (well, almost) problem well after yours and was immediately admitted to hospital and scanned two days later, then released two days after that. And that was weeeeks ago.

How can the UK system of access to necessary medicine/medical tests-and-procedures be that far behind what is generally considered the miserable system we've got here in the "States"?

Anyway, I glad and relieved (he, he) that you've finally been diagnosed and the denouement is on the way.

I still feel you'd have benefited from the Pu-erh tea samples and know they couldn't have hurt. Why not consider this*. You'd be surprised how soon you start looking forward to the bitterness of the tea with its immediate sweet follow-up. It sure saved my ass from being re-admitted to hospital...and I'm drinking a big pot of it daily now. I'd offer to send you some but we know how that goes.

* Kuding's...
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    I'm game for whining right now. I'm sure there's another thread around here with that theme already, but the more the merr...uhh...pissy.

Let's see, for what I pay for Peapod (internet grocery shopping) they better damn well get here on time. Got a call saying they would be 15 minutes late earlier. Now they are 1 hour late, tried calling for an eta, but offices closed. Last week they were 15 minutes late. Seems Thursday is bad or something all of a sudden, for the last few years they are rather punctual. And one of my pet peeves is tardyness. Oh look, here they are...guess who's not getting a tip tonight
    I've never seen anyone whine or bellyache here at CC.

I searched the Internet for a grocery home delivery service but my area isn't covered. But I found a local couple who run a shopping business out of their home. It's great... I have my own personal "Professional Shopper". Like those rich people who have their own "Professional Dog Walkers". I feel so upscale now.

I give 'em a call if I'm in a hurry but always send them my shopping list via email and they print it out. It rarely changes... usually same ol' same ol'. Or I just edit my existing list a little bit. Then the next morning or afternoon he's here with the groceries. I prefer the afternoons but since he works the nightshift as a "nuclear" technician at a hospital 40 miles from here it's easier for him to shop in the mornings. See how reasonable I can be. Oh, and he calls me just as he's leaving the store so I have a few minutes to get ready. Spray a little Lysol around and put some of that carpet fresh stuff on the old smelly rug! Hey, it's been through 3 greyhounds in 17 years... time for some new carpeting. But I'll probably wait until this one dies... they can get very messy just before death! I'm so cruel. Hahaha.

IMO, the cost is very affordable. I think it's $35.00 for the first $250.00 of groceries and then 15% for anything over that. It's cool since the husband Richard, who does the actual shopping, pays for the stuff first and he has his own wireless "card swiper" that he uses after he puts everything away. His bonding or insurance doesn't permit him to put the groceries etc. away but he does it for me anyway. I always tip him a bit for the added accomodation, I'm so generous! He even went to the liquor store and picked me up a 1.75 liter bottle of Canadian Mist. It's been here for two weeks and I haven't picked it up yet. I'm an alcoholic, what the hell is wrong with me?

When I used to drink every other day like clockwork (isn't there a watch thread here somewhere?) and I had a large grocery store about 3/4 of a mile up the road from my house (outta business now) I'd wheel up there every other day. With a case of Bud on my lap and one of those handbaskets on top of it I could carry two bags of groceries home. It was kinda fun coming home since it was all downhill. I'd be doing about 20 MPH in my chair (wicked witch of the west) and needed to click the automatic garage door opener about 100 feet from my house so that it would be open in time.... I came close to hitting my head on it a few times. Duck!

Check your local paper and you might find a local professional shopping service in there. I'm assuming that Peapod is kinda like a Schwan's home delivery service that doesn't sell fresh produce, beer or cigarettes.... and the ocassional bottle of liquor.

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Dont feel bad Bob....they dont deliver in the boonies where I live either....LOL

I just send my daughter. I hate absolutely hate grocery shopping!!!!
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by pararich
    Thanks SJean. But, bitch away if you want.
    Keps, my xrays have showed lots of poo, too. I don't like being full of shit!
    Le Type Francais, good to hear you're okay.
    Thanks.

Lol Todd "good emptying"!. Thanks for that.
    I think I really am full of poo, as I've been having terrible stomach ache lately (er, but I can't feel my stomach...). Feels like cramps.

I'm still full of it at the moment. I'm too worried to go out for a few days, as I'm concerned starting taking lactulose might make my bowels explode while I'm out (I'm not used to lactulose and how it might affect me).

Pararich - hope you're unblocked now?!

Juke - don't be a bitch. I'm gonna try some tea soon - promise. Despite my sometimes joking posts on CC over the last few weeks, I've felt like I'm in a nightmare. Hours of agony most days, and little appetite and nausea...I just wanted to wait until I could enjoy things more.
    I suppose what we have going for the UK health system(NHS) is that we are not going to be hit for bills no matter how much medical care we get.
    But yeah, the waits can be awful. I'm still waiting to get an appt for the scan on my gall bladder.

I'm officially bitching and complaining because keps feels like ummm....crap.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    I'm officially bitching and complaining because keps feels like ummm....crap.
    And has for quite a long time. She still won't try Kuding, I'll bet and I'm not kudding.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Great...bitching that is...I'm not alone...Got a beginning of a migraine again ...loads of fun...not!...nausea and who wants to eat? ...not me...bummer...I was looking forward to getting out this weekend and this pain in my brain starts up again...Don't think I'll find much enjoyment about the sunlight...

hope you feel better.
    oh well

i must vent ....the damn beer is not cold enough.......yesterday i finished the treatment for uti iv antibiotics and today ...again sediments.agrrrrr.....
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."