Page 3 of 185 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: A Thread to bitch and complain?

I add something but I'll avoid the line by line dissection/over-analysis and take a pass.

I'll sneak in that Christopher Reeve was a fricken' movie star, probably welcomed adoration.

I seperated my comments to make picking at them easier

Quote Originally Posted by alpentalic
    I add something but I'll avoid the line by line dissection/over-analysis and take a pass.
    Take a pass on what? Adding something? What are you adding?

I'll sneak in that Christopher Reeve was a fricken' movie star, probably welcomed adoration.
    How can you say that? How much of a star was he? Are you sure he liked the spotlight?

I seperated my comments to make picking at them easier
    Gee, thanks. But you didnt seperate them well enough, you should have started a new paragraph mid-way though a sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by titanium4motion
    Would Christopher Reeve bitch and complain?

What do you have to bitch and complain about?

Life is good!
    Life is great!

titanium4motion
    he was human! everyone bitches and complains sometimes. yes, even super man. don't be ridiculous.
    Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway

Frank's blog:
    http://www.franktalk-scurry.blogspot.com
    My regular blog:
    http://www.ithinkithinktoomuchblog.blogspot.com

Ahhhhhh! Building contractors........

......... pass the shotgun!

Never ever pay more than 25% in advance and always ask to see some of their past work, also talk to the home owners.

If the contractors good he'll be delighted to show off his previous jobs.

I got a fresh ray of sunshine for this thread...I cost myself some $250 last night being an idiot. Gotta buy a new motherboard for the Super Lazy Man Special Computer System.

I was actually really encouraged by Ti for Motion's post.
    But, I also think venting is good... in the right setting.
    Today's going okay, so far.
    It's a long full day of classes on Mondays.
    Gotta go.
    Awesome to read everyone's posts during my break.
    Rich

Funding for home modifications & college

Pararich, you indicated funding was tight for home modifications. Two quick sources to look into. Part of the ADA parking ticket fines go into a pot that goes back into the community for people with disabilities to modified their homes. Check with City Hall with this. Try the ADA coordinator first. This money can pay for ramps, kitchen mods, bathroom mods, shower chairs, wheelchairs, lifts to your basement, you name it. Each year the funding is different due to the amount collected from tickets.

Next each city had an Office of Community Development that deals with HUD loans. Contact the director of the Community Development at City Hall and ask him about low interest loans to fix your house up because you are a new 'chair user. I was able to get a 20 year loan at 2.99% that paid for a new kitchen, widen doorways, high efficiency furnace, air conditioner, house rewired, all triple pane casement windows and new doors, insulation, a fence and the money I saved as being general contractor I was able to get my bathroom modified too.

Look into it when you have time. I have more for you soon.

I hope you found funding to send yourself to college? My college degrees, three of them were paid for by State and Federal tax dollars. Plus the added perks of books, supplies, software, computer equipment, shower chair, titanium 'chair, van modifications, lift, swivel seat, remote starter, and hand controls. Believe me money is out there. If you are not going to spend it? Some one else will! If you don't? What a pity. I know that!

Again? What would Christopher Reeve have done? Bitched and complained? Or did something postive and constructive? You pick?

titanium4motion
    Last edited by titanium4motion; 04-23-2007 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by titanium4motion
    Pararich, you indicated funding was tight for home modifications. Two quick sources to look into. Part of the ADA parking ticket fines go into a pot that goes back into the community for people with disabilities to modified their homes. Check with City Hall with this. Try the ADA coordinator first.
    Where do you live??? I doubt there has ever been a ticket wrote in my town for ADA parking ticket fines. As most of the regular posters here will agree....most police dont write them and Jazzyjeff can tell you lots of his experiences with calling cops/security on the carpet for not ticketing violators. So I would be interested to know how much money your city hall has collected this year???

I really dont care what Christopher Reeve wouldve done....as I only worship God. How do you know he didnt Bitch and Complain???? Did you live with him???

You are a very intelligent man and your "what would christopher Reeve dos" are making you look a bit "psycho".
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy
    Where do you live??? I doubt there has ever been a ticket wrote in my town for ADA parking ticket fines.
    Well, now, I know that I've received tickets for parking in a handicapped spot without my placard on display. In one case, the placard had fallen off the dash, so the cop couldn't see it. In another case, I had left my placard in my other car and parked in the spot anyway.

So I would be interested to know how much money your city hall has collected this year???
    I'm a little curious about that as well. Also, what are the guidelines for distributing such funding? I seriously doubt that I would qualify for any. In fact, when I talked to our city planner's office about modifying our driveway and the sidewalk in front of our house to lessen the grade on the approach (it's a bit scary for someone using a wheelchair now), I was told that we have to pay for it ourselves and also have to pay $350 for the permit allowing us to modify the sidewalk.

You are a very intelligent man and your "what would christopher Reeve dos" are making you look a bit "psycho".
    Yeah, it is starting to get a bit creepy.

C.

Aww heck, I got something new to bitch and complain about...

I'm getting sick of reading everyone bitching and complaining!