Page 19 of 185 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast

Thread: A Thread to bitch and complain?

my friggin turn.

i try to accept this shit the best i can. i know i'm very lucky to be at the level of injury i am , considering all the SCI's in had. i am just sick of fighting this body in everything i try to do. i can't even move with out my legs going crazy. why the fck does my back tighing up , have to do with my legs. i move , bam out they go. i sick of beating the shit out of them , they just won't learn to knock it off. lately my legs just bonce up and down on the footrest , like they don't want to be there , crazy. this morning i was getting out of bed and the right one gets trapped behind the footplate. i try to get it out and rip the skin right off the top of my foot. blood everywhere. for about 2 weeks i had no cuts anywhere. my burn finally healed up about 2 weeks ago. a 4 month nightmare. now i get this. i put electric tape on any part of the lower chair that i could get cut on , so there would be no sharp edges anywhere. still get fckin cut. why the fck can't i just be a normal crip. i am so sick of this shit. i have no idea how people been hurt for years put up with this crap. i don't know how more of this shit i can take. i would like to do somethings and i have to fight my lower body in everthing i try. dam this injury sucks.
    oh well

It's a pisser and I remember only too well how spasticity can screw your life up.

If it's any consolation mine started getting better about ten years post and fifteen years down the line I could control them well enough to reposition my legs without having to drop what I was doing to free up my hands.

Hang on in there.

THE ICE STORM OF 2007

Watching the electricity flicker, but darned lucky to have any. Most of the city doesn't. We have groceries, Bailey's, even DSL and satellite TV. Not so bad, I guess!

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j...Sw6YgD8TENEF81

Sorry to bring this thrend back...

...but I need to REALLY VENT!!!....I have been receiving messages on my answering machine from the idiot and a friend of ours who sides with what the idiot did to me...(idiot...same one that sent his ex-wife to me to tell me that they were back together again...see #139 of this thread to review)...Our friend wasn't nice in leaving a message and it scared me pretty bad until I realized who he was...well I was home when I received another msg. on the machine from this friend and then right after that the idiot calls and says we need to "talk" and to "return" this call...it freaked me out...
    ...oh crap...I "lost" their cell #'s and I don't have caller ID and I'm thinking oh well all they want to do is make me feel like the "guilty" party in their crappy lifes...well...I'm not guilty and I refuse to except this "guilt" that's not mine...Idiot wants me to take his blame...forget it!!!...It's his crap!
    ...I know Capt. you told me to forget about him and not dwell on it, so I did and I'm enjoying life again...Question, "What do I do about them calling me and leaving such crappy messages on my machine?"...Does anybody have any ideas what to do?...I'm not picking up any calls and just letting the machine do that...I don't need any more Holiday stress as it is...
    Thanks I feel a little bit better...

GET CALLER ID! It is essential to life!

I'm mad at myself. I just got ugly on a voice message to Senator Asshat Coburn's office, demanding to know why they never told me THEY were the ones blocking the CDRPA. At least I didn't cuss. I have the meanest tone of voice ever though, and my voice kept getting louder and it was like I couldn't stop...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by harley-lynn
    ...I know Capt. you told me to forget about him and not dwell on it, so I did and I'm enjoying life again...Question, "What do I do about them calling me and leaving such crappy messages on my machine?"...Does anybody have any ideas what to do?...I'm not picking up any calls and just letting the machine do that...I don't need any more Holiday stress as it is...
    you can have those numbers permanently blocked by the phone company AND next time they call pickup, tellim to stop, and if they don't you're gonna stomp a mudhole in their collective aRse.

Quote Originally Posted by harley-lynn
    Does anybody have any ideas what to do?...I'm not picking up any calls and just letting the machine do that...I don't need any more Holiday stress as it is...
    Can you and will you be willing to change your voicemail message to include ".... leave a message and we'll return the call. If this is (name your idiot & their friend) your calls are not wanted; will not be returned; and further attempts to contact me will result in harassment charges."

Anyone who leaves you a message after listening to your greeting can be witnesses to your attempts to make them stop harassing you. [building your case]

1) it may be a bit embarrassing (the outward message)
    2) keep a log of who left you messages (date & time) [building witness list]
    2) keep tapes of all your messages from the idiots as "exhibits" [building your case]

CapnGimp's idea of blocking their specific numbers is great but if they call you from places other than their usual numbers - they'll still get through.

Blog Entries
    hence the mudhole

Quote Originally Posted by CapnGimp
    hence the mudhole
    Oh! - hahaha

I neglected to remember that part of your post

My turn. Yes, it's I'm going to throw one time and maybe be done with it.

I've been trying to be vertical more. Well, that was apparently a totally sucky idea and I should've listened to my docs yet again. I goofed my foot yesterday trying to walk with the trough walker and now it has a giant lump and is more discolored than usual. The color purple is not attractive when it has to do with one's foot.

I don't have sensation there, but I swear it's making my thigh hurt where I also don't have sensation. How goofy and FUBAR'd is that? It's pizzing me off and I totally didn't sleep last night because I was "hurting" where I don't feel. It's a different hurt from the usual stinging/buzzing/humming/electrical stuff I do. It's like bone pain only in the wrong place from what I injured.

Ugh.

Yesterday I watched ten minutes of Oprah's Favorite Things program and I cried like a baby. I teared up and got emotional seeing how happy her audience members were who were getting all these presents. They cried so I cried.

I miss my Grandmother. It's hitting me harder than it even did at first.

I miss her.