Page 182 of 185 FirstFirst ... 82132172173174175176177178179180181182183184185 LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 1842

Thread: A Thread to bitch and complain?

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    The situation that chaps my hide the most, is the driver of a vehicle with a handicapped placard sitting in the car in the handicapped parking place, just waiting. If you are the driver with a disability, why do you need to park in a handicapped parking space if you are just waiting for someone without a disability. If you are an able bodied driver waiting for your passenger with a disability, you can easily vacate the space until your disabled passenger needs it or pick them up curbside instead of occupying the space needed by those with a disability.
    How do you know for certain that the person they are waiting for isn't disabled? Also, I'm guessing you really don't know what reason they may have for waiting for someone while parked there.

I'm a disabled driver who will park and wait for people, I mostly do that because I like to be ready for those occasional situations that can pop up that I may need to exit my vehicle and get into my wheelchair in a timely manner to get to whomever I'm with for whatever reason. Oh and yes, there have been times when I've had to quickly leave my vehicle while waiting for someone.

they won't cure, too much money to be made....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aquinas View Post
    they won't cure, too much money to be made....
    Please explain. Are you bitching because Paralysis won't be cured?
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Sure, maybe one day but theres too much red tape and this and that. They have been testing mice forever. Best we just make due...

I'm glad for any improvements researcher come up with.

Just wanted to express some thoughts:

I have this house. There is a hefty mortgage on it.
    I paid too much for it in 2005.
    It was and is a fixer upper.
    I've tried to fix it up with the savings that I have.
    Now, I'm having more work done.
    I was a carpenter. I enjoyed doing fine work.
    Now, I hire people whose work is not as good as I want.
    It's hard living here, alone.

I'm in a quiet, natural spot. Sometimes I feel isolated.
    I want to be finished with the current renovations before the winter.
    Oh, how I miss walking, hiking etc.
    My heavy duty power chair has been broken during the summer. I miss the mobility it gives me. I'm grateful for having that wheelchair.
    My neighbor has the chair at his business. He does control systems for machines. He thought he could fix it. The manufacturer would not help him (Next Mobility).
    Rich

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Next Mobility sucks, they have ruined the ability to buy one of the best outdoor/indoor powerchairs ever designed. Wish like hell some responsible company would take the Omegatrac away from them.

What happened, did the joystick break?
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by forestranger52 View Post
    Next Mobility sucks, they have ruined the ability to buy one of the best outdoor/indoor powerchairs ever designed. Wish like hell some responsible company would take the Omegatrac away from them.

What happened, did the joystick break?
    The joystick all but broke. It would just stall out when I pushed straight forward.

A guy who does electronics at my neighbor's business patched it up. It works but has some issues.

Hopefully your chair is working again.
    Rich

I love your house rich.
    you did a great job before and after impact.
    Its surrounded by tree's, and overhangs a river.
    The huge covered porch is like an out door living room, and I can imagine what it would be like if people came to share it with you now and then.
    I think they wouldn't want to leave it without first listening to the story the river whispers, and storing the vision of it in all seasons to remember later.

Im sure you know there that when a tree falls, it makes a sound.

Thanks Jody. I continue to work on the place.

Tonight I was working on new woodwork in a room I've been fixing up.
    Frustrations high with an angry outburst.
    I use a power chair to go up a ramp to do high work. Now the joystick controller is malfunctioning making it risky.
    The nail gun hose got tangled up in a wheelchair caster.
    Then, I'm up on a platform nailing in the top piece of trim over a sliding door. After I nail in one end, I have to get down, move the platform and ramp, then nail the other end. It was short but I couldn't see that when I nailed in the first end...

I have been hiring people but it is expensive. And it's hard to find someone who does the excellent work that I like.

There's always more to bitch and moan about!
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    I love your house rich.
    Im sure you know there that when a tree falls, it makes a sound.
    Hmm...
    Of course it makes a sound! Or at least it creates vibrations.
    Vibrations travel through the air. As they travel they impact things- some living, some not!
    Without some sort of ear and consciousness to perceive the vibrations is there a sound? Now I just don't know!
    Rich