Page 181 of 185 FirstFirst ... 81131171172173174175176177178179180181182183184185 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 1842

Thread: A Thread to bitch and complain?

Second fall in two days. Dammit Dammit Dammit

I guess if I have to fall, its always good to have sexy men coming to my rescue. A nice looking man freaking out and yelling from across the road is NOT a good thing. But on the pro side, it does allow me to meet people.

I am so sore from the first fall, I don't know if I want to get out of bed tomorrow or not.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

I really hate leaving my son in tears in a nursing home night, after night. Last night he's not peeing, fever, leaking blood and pus. Staff are all but useless. I hope they really did call the md and were not blowing smoke up my butt.

Just out of curiosity...how old is your son ?

Good to know there is a bitch and complain site where u won't be judged thank u

Nothing like a parking issue to take the glow off of the holidays. My wife and I stopped at a shopping plaza today and lucked out. There was a van accessible place right near the places we needed to go. Yes, with a yellow space wide enough to use the van ramp. There was a handicapped car accessible place on the right with a car parked in it. When we got back there was a car that replaced it. The idiot was parked about 3 feet onto the yellow ramp space and 3-4 feet from the other side of his parking space. We could not use the ramp and my wife had to get in and move our van to a spot where I could get in. The worst part is that the idiot had a legit disabled placard with the user's photo. Sometimes people who are disabled are as irresponsible as AB violators. If I had been driving alone I would have had to wait for the idiot. Maybe I will calm down by New Year's Day.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Good to see people are still moaning and groaning.

I'll do a little.

Winter blues-
    burning wood to heat the house is dirty! Not as easy as the furnace
    (I do use the furnace when I don't feel up to loading wood).
    It's a challenge to handle the wood. I should get real fireplace tools. Been using a stick and a big flat shovel.

I've had a nasty, lengthy cold. Now my throat is raw.
    I hate having the added burden of a cold.

My mind seems dull these days.

It's hard living without some of the great benefits of being young and without injury.
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    Sometimes people who are disabled are as irresponsible as AB violators.
    Actually, I find that people who are "disabled" with disability parking placards are far worse than AB violators.

The situation that chaps my hide the most, is the driver of a vehicle with a handicapped placard sitting in the car in the handicapped parking place, just waiting. If you are the driver with a disability, why do you need to park in a handicapped parking space if you are just waiting for someone without a disability. If you are an able bodied driver waiting for your passenger with a disability, you can easily vacate the space until your disabled passenger needs it or pick them up curbside instead of occupying the space needed by those with a disability.

Just writing about it riles me up enough, that maybe I'll get over it by the new year too, my friend.

All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    Nothing like a parking issue to take the glow off of the holidays. My wife and I stopped at a shopping plaza today and lucked out. There was a van accessible place right near the places we needed to go. Yes, with a yellow space wide enough to use the van ramp. There was a handicapped car accessible place on the right with a car parked in it. When we got back there was a car that replaced it. The idiot was parked about 3 feet onto the yellow ramp space and 3-4 feet from the other side of his parking space. We could not use the ramp and my wife had to get in and move our van to a spot where I could get in. The worst part is that the idiot had a legit disabled placard with the user's photo. Sometimes people who are disabled are as irresponsible as AB violators. If I had been driving alone I would have had to wait for the idiot. Maybe I will calm down by New Year's Day.
    I have two handi cap parking incidents during xmas week of all times to happen. And it's not that surprising for south florida.

First one. I parked in a handi cap spot let my gate down and a young kid in his early twenties pulls up and parks right next to my gate where I didn't have enough room to get out. I said hey, I can't get out with you so close. He said tuff, and went right into the store.

The second one. I was go to park into a handi cap spot and a woman around sixty in good shape rushed in and beat me to it. And this parking lot was full. And I notice the woman jump out in good shape and didn't have a decal. So I was pissed. I drove around another ten minutes couldn't fine a place to park so I decided i'm going to call the cops on that woman. So I pulled my van behind her car so she could pull out and as soon as I did that she cameout. She came over to my window and said you got a problem. I said yes, I was just about to call the cops on you. She said I have a permit. I said I don't see it. She said I have it laying on my seat. I said the law in florida is it must be displayed on the rearview mirror. BTW she was from massachusetts. And then she goes to show it to me. And it was a massachusett permit. I told her her permit wasn't any good in florida and she needs one from florida. Then she said she'll get her husband doctor get one for him. And she was alone.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Actually, I find that people who are "disabled" with disability parking placards are far worse than AB violators.

The situation that chaps my hide the most, is the driver of a vehicle with a handicapped placard sitting in the car in the handicapped parking place, just waiting. If you are the driver with a disability, why do you need to park in a handicapped parking space if you are just waiting for someone without a disability. If you are an able bodied driver waiting for your passenger with a disability, you can easily vacate the space until your disabled passenger needs it or pick them up curbside instead of occupying the space needed by those with a disability.

Just writing about it riles me up enough, that maybe I'll get over it by the new year too, my friend.

All the best,
    GJ
    I see that a lot at my office. I'm right next to a hair salon where a lot of elderly go. And their caregivers and spouses will do that while their getting their hair done.

The other night while making my way into Target in my chair, a driver on my left had stopped to let me pass in front of them. As soon as I started to go, a younger woman quickly pulls up and stops directly in front of me blocking my way to the curb cut/ramp entrance. Then she starts waving at the other driver to hurry up and go, all the while not noticing the obvious reason why the other driver had stopped. This pissed me off for a few reasons, mostly because after getting a few powerful pushes in so I could easily make it up the steepish curb cut/ramp, I had to quickly stop and wait for her to move out of my way, then I realized she didn't even see me and if it weren't for that other driver stopping to let me cross, there was a chance that she could have ran me over.