Thread: A Thread to bitch and complain?

Quote Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
    completed long 15 years as SCI, still no cure on sight...and they are talking about god particle ..huh...
    I got it.
    Yes, they do expensive science to learn about "god particles" but limit funding things that might directly help people.

I say- pour funding into helping people. Lavish it on that!
    Rich

Excruciating pain in my back right now. I'm going to try a cold pack and see if it does anything.
    Rich

Rich-DC is a bitch in a chair. We all know it. Dogger flew from freaking Australia to be bested by DC in a chair. And Dogger was all man, dude, there was no shame in his game.

DC kicked your ass? Congratulations! Own that shit! (Pro tip: You can rent a power chair for $60! It fits on the metro, just barely.)

RIP Dogger. Stupid fucking Australian fire, stupid fucking mortality...

I hereby give up all claim to a clean mouth. I am profane and yes, I kissed my mother w/ this mouth. She admired my skills.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    Rich-DC is a bitch in a chair. We all know it. Dogger flew from freaking Australia to be bested by DC in a chair. And Dogger was all man, dude, there was no shame in his game.

DC kicked your ass? Congratulations! Own that shit! (Pro tip: You can rent a power chair for $60! It fits on the metro, just barely.)

RIP Dogger. Stupid fucking Australian fire, stupid fucking mortality...

I hereby give up all claim to a clean mouth. I am profane and yes, I kissed my mother w/ this mouth. She admired my skills.
    betheny,
    I just read posts about and by dogger.
    I agree that mortality sucks.
    I've got more sadness than I know what to do with.
    But I did do DC! Wooh WHooh!
    Rich

DC, NYC and Mexico = personal sci bests!

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    DC, NYC and Mexico = personal sci bests!
    Nice, Betheny !!

I'm about to get a new handcycle- the first I've owned.
    Kind of thinking I'll be traveling with it some.
    Rich

I find the east coast inaccessible in general, what I know of it. Too much old architecture. Chicago was easy but $$$$pendy. Cities in the central US are easy but dull, I think.

I wanna be a snowbird.

Memorial Day weekend, injured my right shoulder trimming bushes around the house....according to doc, perhaps a slight tear of the rotator cuff.....last weekend....tear my bicep tendon. Same arm, same friggin pain! Now waiting on MRI for the shoulder, will find out tomarrow.

Shit jus doesnt ever get easier.

Updated: Found out yesterday that my rotator cuff is torn. Now, the search for answers to how the hell do I get stuff done with one arm?? This is gonna be a doozy....
    Last edited by graybeard; 07-26-2012 at 12:22 PM. Reason: update post

Angry Had surgery yesterday. No pain meds in the building today.

I had surgery yesterday. I'm at a rehab facility. I was just informed that yet again, NONE of my pain meds that I've been taking for over a year (I came here on June 7th of last year) are in the building!

They wear off long before I can take them again. I could have more at 1PM. It's now 2:36PM. Because of the spasms that the surgery made worse the doctor also prescribed a stronger pain med for a few days. That isn't here either.

I was told that the meds won't be here until 4:30PM or 5PM! That's 5 HOURS since I was allowed to take them! This i beyond unacceptable! Pain can cause AD. Spasms that I have can cause AD. Yet I have to wait 5 hours to get even simple pain meds. This happens so often. It's not right, but no one who can do anything about it cares enough to fix it!

Sorry, I'm just in a ton of pain, smasming like crazy and extremely annoyed right now...

edit: The meds have to come from the pharmacy at one of the hospitals and are delivered whenever they see fit.

Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear about your lack of pain meds. I learned long ago to always bring my meds with me and not tell anyone other than my wife. If the hospital supplies my needs, great. If they screw up, I'm covered.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury