Thread: A Thread to bitch and complain?

It is a lovely place, though I would find it lonesome especially in winter months. Rich you should get a dog, and a room mate. or better yet, invite a care cure member out for a visit to beautifil Bucks county Pennsylvania. I suggest the fall months as the most amazing.

I was thinking if you didn't mind, I would drop in around fest time and grace you with my self and my ukulele.

Back spasms and roaring nerve pain making everything so difficult, I spend every day counting the minutes until I can get back in bed. If I didn't have an office job I don't think I'd ever get out of bed. Thankful for the job of course, but it's hard when I'm constantly in pain and everyone else is just walking around chatting about their hobbies and their great weekends and vacations and all that stuff I can't have anymore because I hurt too much all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Hey Rich,

My pain has been pretty bad also. I have found that it gets pretty intense fall-winter, winter-spring. Who knows why. The more i exercise, the better. I have my handcycle on a stand inside and use it about once a week. Exercise makes a huge difference.

Don't get down on yourself, you have been through a lot this past year. Keep on keepin on.
    Thanks Jim,
    I have been handcycling occasionally. But, I tend to overexercise when I do get out!
    I so appreciate your kind words.
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by bob clark View Post
    I'm a para with very strong arms (well my left shoulder.... whatever) and hands and for the past 3 or so months I've had to really strain and give it my all to get the damn lids off. There's nothing different with my hands and wrists, I was thinking there was a bad batch of bottles and/or lids made... I don't know.

If it keeps up I'll probably get carpal tunnel syndrome or some type of painful hand and/or wrist condition. I have no idea how a quad or a person with arthritis in their hands and wrists could possibly open them up.

Bob.
    I find I drop things a lot these days. Seems harder to grip things.
    When I grip too hard I get a nasty spasm (or is it a cramp).
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by ancientgimp View Post
    Stick with your chop saw. I was using an Estwing axe/wedge which I would hit w a 4lb sledge hammer to split bigger logs. It was great exercise but caused real bad back muscle sprain. I quit splitting wood and it eased up after a couple of days. I won't be doing this again, I could feel the shock all the way down my gimpy spine each time my sledge hit the wedge.

Sorry you are feeling depressed. You seemed to have a great time on your trip to Florida, I think this shows that w some changes life can be more enjoyable. I agree that a lot of exercise (if your pain issues will allow) can help dissipate the blues.

I have tended to strain myself working around the property.
    It's nice to do as much as I can, though.
    Exercise does help!
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by alexis68 View Post
    I so relate. After my injury things life is a b*. It makes me sad that people don't appreciate what they have until they lose it. I am anxious about everything - bills, future, world's destiny.. I feel for you. You're not alone
    Alexis,
    I hope you can feel more peaceful about things.
    I'm working on it.
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Timaru View Post
    If you want to feel better about yourself watch that film clip you posted here once of you and your little house in the woods.

It was fantastic, remember you're still the same man as the guy presenting the film.
    Thanks Timaru,
    I watched the film again. It lifted my spirits a bit.
    Last edited by pararich; 04-07-2012 at 09:05 PM.
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    It is a lovely place, though I would find it lonesome especially in winter months. Rich you should get a dog, and a room mate. or better yet, invite a care cure member out for a visit to beautifil Bucks county Pennsylvania. I suggest the fall months as the most amazing.

I was thinking if you didn't mind, I would drop in around fest time and grace you with my self and my ukulele.

You're welcome to stop in, Jody.
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Lazlo View Post
    Back spasms and roaring nerve pain making everything so difficult, I spend every day counting the minutes until I can get back in bed. If I didn't have an office job I don't think I'd ever get out of bed. Thankful for the job of course, but it's hard when I'm constantly in pain and everyone else is just walking around chatting about their hobbies and their great weekends and vacations and all that stuff I can't have anymore because I hurt too much all the time.
    Man, I wish "science" would develop a way to turn off such unnecessary pain!
    Pain is useful when it lets us know we need to remedy a problem.
    But, we have a generally unfixable problem.
    Rich

I hate people. Ha, not really. But I do feel like that at times. Mostly, they only think for themselves.