Thread: A Thread to bitch and complain?

Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    Hi I have the same problem with the wood that I heat the house with. So I split the wood smaller. I split the hard to split wood with a wedged and a 3.5 pound hammer. Takes a while, but who's in a hurry.
    I have an old makita chop saw on the porch. Now I'm cutting them down to half the length- nice and light. I bought a wedge but I haven't tried it. A friend used it- the wood was hard to split. He used my sledge hammer.
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by skippy13 View Post
    Question: What kind of sadist puts child proof caps on a quads arthritis medicine?

People with arthritis in their hands find it painful to manipulate these devices and a quad finds it near impossible to manipulate these things.

Child proof caps are the work of the devil imo, but I got home and found that four new meds have the darn things on the bottles.

Sadists, I say!
    I'm a para with very strong arms (well my left shoulder.... whatever) and hands and for the past 3 or so months I've had to really strain and give it my all to get the damn lids off. There's nothing different with my hands and wrists, I was thinking there was a bad batch of bottles and/or lids made... I don't know.

If it keeps up I'll probably get carpal tunnel syndrome or some type of painful hand and/or wrist condition. I have no idea how a quad or a person with arthritis in their hands and wrists could possibly open them up.

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Really down with a lot of pain this evening.
    It is hard to deal with. I'd have to stay in bed all the time to lessen the pain.
    Feeling alone in the world.
    Trouble feeling good about myself.
    Sabotage myself as soon as I feel things getting better.
    I will pray that God heals my heart. It seems to be so badly wounded.
    At the moment, my body and my outlook on life are literally making me nauseous.
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by pararich View Post
    Really down with a lot of pain this evening.
    It is hard to deal with. I'd have to stay in bed all the time to lessen the pain.
    Feeling alone in the world.
    Trouble feeling good about myself.
    Sabotage myself as soon as I feel things getting better.
    I will pray that God heals my heart. It seems to be so badly wounded.
    At the moment, my body and my outlook on life are literally making me nauseous.
    Sorry to hear that man. It may sound stupid, but when I get like that I read a book. Anything (usually trashy Sci-Fi) to just take me to another place for a little while.

Great idea. There is a lot I can do. Isolating in my little house in the woods doesn't help.
    I feel better just being able to say whatever I want on Carecure.
    Rich

Hey Rich,

My pain has been pretty bad also. I have found that it gets pretty intense fall-winter, winter-spring. Who knows why. The more i exercise, the better. I have my handcycle on a stand inside and use it about once a week. Exercise makes a huge difference.

Don't get down on yourself, you have been through a lot this past year. Keep on keepin on.

I have an old makita chop saw on the porch. Now I'm cutting them down to half the length- nice and light. I bought a wedge but I haven't tried it. A friend used it- the wood was hard to split. He used my sledge hammer.
    Stick with your chop saw. I was using an Estwing axe/wedge which I would hit w a 4lb sledge hammer to split bigger logs. It was great exercise but caused real bad back muscle sprain. I quit splitting wood and it eased up after a couple of days. I won't be doing this again, I could feel the shock all the way down my gimpy spine each time my sledge hit the wedge.

Sorry you are feeling depressed. You seemed to have a great time on your trip to Florida, I think this shows that w some changes life can be more enjoyable. I agree that a lot of exercise (if your pain issues will allow) can help dissipate the blues.

I want to be able to vent, sometimes. What about having a forum dedicated to general bitching and moaning?
    I know it would be very repetitive, but so what.

I have burning legs, a sore butt, stomach aching too often, my back feels like the "tingler" has grabbed my spine (from a horror movie I saw when I was a boy). My ribs hurt. I'm angry about this. I'm angry!

I am anxious about not studying enough in these last days of this semester at college.

I'm concerned at the cost of living that uses up all my resources.

I need help and support to try to live in the house I bought when I was able bodied and working. Funding for mods seems very limited. I'm still on a long waiting list. Who knows what they will offer when my turn comes around.

I gotta go study!
    I so relate. After my injury things life is a b*. It makes me sad that people don't appreciate what they have until they lose it. I am anxious about everything - bills, future, world's destiny.. I feel for you. You're not alone

Rich...check your PM's...

Great idea. There is a lot I can do. Isolating in my little house in the woods doesn't help.
    I feel better just being able to say whatever I want on Carecure.
    If you want to feel better about yourself watch that film clip you posted here once of you and your little house in the woods.

It was fantastic, remember you're still the same man as the guy presenting the film.