Thread: A Thread to bitch and complain?

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    OMG OJ I'd be so pissed!

The toaster was $50 ... they aren't cheap.

I have two things that need fixing in my bathroom too ... my grab-bar and I need a new seal for the bolts that hold the seat on. I'm adding it to the list. lol
    No I wasnt really pissed. With time I have learned to choose my battles with caregivers wisely. Slightly annoyed though. But the dirty floors will be waiting for her when she returns so she can deal with it then lol.

God help me I'm seeing green again.

When I look at the words on my computer screen or in a book it looks just exactly like this. The floaters are getting in the way so I keep cleaning my glasses thinking that there is something on them.

It means that I will soon be seeing double and not be able to drive because the muscles on my inner left eye keep pulling my eye toward the center. Then the pupil on the right eye will not close so I get headaches from the light. I had some visual migraines about a week ago and that seems to be the portent of this odd syndrome. One of the reasons that they keep testing me for MS.

Usually lasts for a couple of months and then just disappears one day.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

I'm sorry skippy. I was seeing all manner of weird stuff when I was being poisoned by carbon monoxide. I had bad blurry vision, and saw coloured dots a lot. When I would try to read text on the tv, it would look all weird colours. Straight lines looked bent and ugh I hate to remember it.
    It was horrible.

I usually have some stuff to bitch about, so I'll join in. What's with some elderly people who like to stare at me when I legally park in a handicapped spot?

Just recently after pulling into a handicapped spot at a Lowes home improvement store, I noticed an elderly couple who came walking out from the store get in their vehicle and start eyeballing me. I don't know why, but I noticed them to be watching my every move as I placed my placard on my rear view mirror. Since I knew they were watching and probably waiting for me to exit my vehicle, I decided to take my good old time and sat there for a little bit before actually getting out of my vehicle.lol

So I proceed to get out of my vehicle, grab my cane and slowly make it around the back of my vehicle to get out my wheelchair. FYI I can only walk a few feet at a time and when I do it's usually quite slow. OK so I take my chair out and as I'm rolling away I happened to look up and see the same elderly couple nodding their heads at me, as if after they noticed I was disabled, they were giving me their approval for actually parking there. I just made eye contact with them and shook my head.

What is there to complain about? Sounds like they were good citizens checking to make sure a non-disabled person was not taking the place. Had you walked off, you probably would have gotten an ear full.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Aide was an hour late, we discussed that. This was after not showing up at all last week-end. Her and other aide switched without tell us and then miscommunicated with each other.
    That issue has been dealt with and over.
    Then she did not take her big ring off and scratched hubby's bottom getting him into the sling. It is bleeding, but think will be OK.
    Aides-can't live with them, can't live without them.
    No agency will take him, so we have to find our own people which is nearly impossible-so can't do much about it.
    But it PISSES me off!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    Aide was an hour late, we discussed that. This was after not showing up at all last week-end. Her and other aide switched without tell us and then miscommunicated with each other.
    That issue has been dealt with and over.
    Then she did not take her big ring off and scratched hubby's bottom getting him into the sling. It is bleeding, but think will be OK.
    Aides-can't live with them, can't live without them.
    No agency will take him, so we have to find our own people which is nearly impossible-so can't do much about it.
    But it PISSES me off!!!
    Linda,

this is ridiculous, they should NOT be wearing jewelry, other than perhaps a plain wedding ban while performing care on a patient, and their nails should be trimmed.

This is not a big issue, but I feel to complain. I am on Nitrofuradantin and I have nausea. Then my small one came home and he has not fixed his room for ages and I usually just close the door. But today he found out he wanted to clean his room, it was time, because the room was smelling from dirty, sweaty clothes from months ago. He did put all the clothes in the bathroom and now the whole appartment smells like a training studio that has not been washed for weeks. It seems like the washing machine is using ages to wash one mashine and it is for sure four washes left, we are on the second. It is not like I can use the quick programme today because his clothes smells terrible.

He has not used this clothes since last summer and since he is only home some weekends in the month and is only making a more mess when he is home, he found a lot of clothes he had forgotten. I can hardly get inside his room, it is small and when it is messy I can't get inside at all and just now I am so frustrated over my pa who doesn't want to clean his room. She has forgotten I am the boss and cleaning is her job, even the room of the 14 years old if I tell her to do it.

He has been cleaning his room and changed his bed and it is nice inside there but the rest of the house
    TH 12, 43 years post

Quote Originally Posted by marycsm77 View Post
    Linda,

this is ridiculous, they should NOT be wearing jewelry, other than perhaps a plain wedding ban while performing care on a patient, and their nails should be trimmed.
    Exactly! She felt bad-but at first pretended like she did not know where the bit of fresh blood was coming from...........I'm calmed down now.

Whats bunk is when I buy a box of cracker jack and discover there's 2 peanuts in the box and the toy is crappy too.