Page 12 of 185 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: A Thread to bitch and complain?

Quote Originally Posted by RehabRhino
    You don't even wanna know how it turned out......thought I'd escaped but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I still smell
    I doubt it.

Not to hijack the thread but back in my gun trading and boozing days I knew this local guy I did some trading and drinking with who's body odor was really rank. It didn't seem to matter if he'd been drinking or sober or had just had a shower. That guy stunk.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Quote Originally Posted by Juke_spin
    I doubt it.

Not to hijack the thread but back in my gun trading and boozing days I knew this local guy I did some trading and drinking with who's body odor was really rank. It didn't seem to matter if he'd been drinking or sober or had just had a shower. That guy stunk.
    My apartment definitely still smells
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

You don't even wanna know how it turned out......thought I'd escaped but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I still smell
    I bet you felt 100% better after the eruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Timaru
    I bet you felt 100% better after the eruption.
    Which one?
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Which one?

Lawks!

Quote Originally Posted by keps
    Lawks!
    As Karen said!

Haven't been here for awhile. I'm glad to hear of the healing going on for people. Got some complaining to do.
    I have been living in my house since June.
    What's getting to me is that I have few visitors.
    My social life is mostly with people who are working on the house.
    I am using credit to renovate.
    Stressed about going into the hole, financially.
    Long term disability payments may end in December.
    Ouch. How to afford living in this house?
    Big challenge living here. Do a lot of wash because of bladder incontinence- sheets, pants, seat covers. So much to do- shopping, changing bed, cooking, dishes, showering (very difficult until bathroom is upgraded). Now I'm using leg bags along with doing intermittent cathing.
    I've been helping with renovations. I don't know what is happening to my back (which is stiff as a board because of long rods) when I lean over all the way to work on low projects. There is a stabbing pain in my upper back.
    I'm not complaining, but...
    This is tough.
    I'm lonely.
    I will start full time studies again in September.
    AAAAch!
    I had a UTI with 101.5 fever, last week.
    When I was sick, I felt mentally ill- overwhelmed with life and not feeling good about myself.
    What else?
    Cleaning, organizing, planning for the winter- need to weatherize (insulate
    a room that I want to rent out.
    Rich

My two year anniversary of breaking my back is September 4th.
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by pararich
    Haven't been here for awhile. I'm glad to hear of the healing going on for people. Got some complaining to do.
    I have been living in my house since June.
    What's getting to me is that I have few visitors.
    My social life is mostly with people who are working on the house.
    I am using credit to renovate.
    Stressed about going into the hole, financially.
    Long term disability payments may end in December.
    Ouch. How to afford living in this house?
    Big challenge living here. Do a lot of wash because of bladder incontinence- sheets, pants, seat covers. So much to do- shopping, changing bed, cooking, dishes, showering (very difficult until bathroom is upgraded). Now I'm using leg bags along with doing intermittent cathing.
    I've been helping with renovations. I don't know what is happening to my back (which is stiff as a board because of long rods) when I lean over all the way to work on low projects. There is a stabbing pain in my upper back.
    I'm not complaining, but...
    This is tough.
    I'm lonely.
    I will start full time studies again in September.
    AAAAch!
    I had a UTI with 101.5 fever, last week.
    When I was sick, I felt mentally ill- overwhelmed with life and not feeling good about myself.
    What else?
    Cleaning, organizing, planning for the winter- need to weatherize (insulate
    a room that I want to rent out.
    Hi Rich,

Seems like you got a full plate there. I live by myself in a house too (with a dog) but I've become accustomed to being alone. Probably why I write so much BS here!

I no longer have urinary leakage problems but have an ocassional "accident" that keeps the washer and dryer running. It's a bit overwhelming having to do everything yourself... it would be nice to once in awhile say "Honey, would you get me a cup of coffee please." But what's a greyhound know?

And what's a social life?

I hope you get your bathroom squared away... that'll make things a lot easier for you.

I don't know what else to say except keep on keepin' on. Hopefully you'll find some social interaction when you start going to school. It will force you to time your activities differently but you'll get used to it. I went back to school for a little while when I was 2 years post-injury. My 28th year anniversary was last month... no big deal.... I did tie one on though. First beer(s) in a couple of weeks.

Not much that I can suggest about your UTIs.... I no longer get them. But I keep a stash of Cipro and Levaquin here just in case. But that's not recommended... go to a urologist... especially one who knows a thing or two about SCI and/or neurogenic bladders. Like I'm gonna go to the doctor (if I had one) feeling sick as a dog with a 102*F temperature. I don't have a car so that makes things difficult logistic-wise.

Best of luck to you Rich... I hope you hit the lottery.

Bob.

EDIT: A UTI will give you side and back pain. Or maybe you're getting neuropathic pain and need to try some Neurontin (generic is gabapentin) or some other neuropathic pain blocker. But they'll want to test your bladder, gall bladder and kidneys for stones first. Maybe it's time for a check-up.

I lived in Philly for awhile. Was born and raised in Levittown PA for 20 plus years.
    Last edited by bob clark; 08-14-2007 at 09:31 PM.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

After a large DVT and broken femur in the same leg resulting in massive swelling, the heterotopic ossification in my left hip appears to be coming back with a vengeance. I can barely lean forward and my leg won't lie down flat anymore. I go to the doctor today to get the whole process (xrays, bone scans, blood tests, etc.) going again.

Every time I go to the doctor, I'm hoping for better news than I expect but always receive worse than I expect. I went to the doctor for some minor swelling in the left leg thinking it was just water, but it was a huge DVT I had to be immediately hospitalized for. I had very few symptoms, just some minor but noticeable swelling, no warmth or visible redness.

I went back a week later thinking I might have dislocated my hip only to find out I had snapped my femur cleanly in two, requiring a large metal rod and more hospital time (and HUGE swelling).

I just want this all stuff to stabilize, wherever it's going to end up, so I can get a foothold on life. But that doesn't seem to be happening, things just get a little bit worse every day. Seems I have to change my thinking about SCI "recovery", it's an ongoing thing.