Thread: A Thread to bitch and complain?

Leaking urine. Like Niagra. Have been since yesterday. Was especially embarrassing with friends at breakfast and services today. "Accidentally" spilled tea on my lap to "cover" it. No smelly urine or cloudiness, but leaking this much is my precursor to an infection.

Ugh.

Bladder infection, a hole in my heel, and a hole in my Roho mattress! Enough already!

Think positive Bethany.I hope he recovers very soon.

Mem,sorry.I guess you've got a bug. I did the same thing Friday night but atleast I was back home before so.Good idea with the tea though.Get better friend.

Damn VQ,life's pretty rotten right now.What stage is your pressure sore at,did you see it coming?Keep it propped,that's a bad place for one.I hope you caught the hole in your roho in time,no red spots I hope.Sorry.

Good news on the heel. The nurse just left after dressing it and said it was looking good. Luckily I caught the Roho mattress in time. And the BC Lions just won their football game. Life is good again quad79.

How is your dad doing, Betheny? (Sorry if you have mentioned this elsewhere).

Sorry to hear that you're boarding that UTI train again, Mem. Get a culture in first thing tomorrow to get a jump on treatment. Leaking even a little bit sucks rocks -- leaking like Niagra Falls, well, there are no words. Hope you can get this yucky symptom resolved quickly.

Great news, VQ. Does me good to see a quick turn around on the problems reported here!

I'm sick to death of frickin' power outages. We average two a month down here when the weather is clear, and they last anywhere from 20 minutes to four hours. When they happen during the day, you have to deal with the oppressive heat with no ceiling or floor fans to help. At night, you get consumed by TOTAL blackness that's so thick and oppressive it triggers my claustrophobia.

Tonight's happened while I was home alone. My cell phone saved me -- I was able to grope around and find it, then used the little bit of light from the screen to find my way to the drawer where we keep my mag lite. Used the flash light to get to the camping lantern we keep out on the shelf in the bedroom. Hubby arrive home about 40 minutes after the lights went out, and was really impressed that the blackness didn't cause me to fall out of my chair. (I have no sense of balance without visual cues and can fall over quickly and easily as soon as I am unable to see. This time, the outage lasted for 90 minutes.

And we just read that our local power company is planning to buy power from Puerto Rico, which is expected to further destabilize this already crappy infrastucture. Yippee.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

thehipcrip- what happened about the move to Michigan?

Quote Originally Posted by LaMemChose View Post
    Leaking urine. Like Niagra. Have been since yesterday. Was especially embarrassing with friends at breakfast and services today. "Accidentally" spilled tea on my lap to "cover" it. No smelly urine or cloudiness, but leaking this much is my precursor to an infection.

Ugh.
    Pah. And you're only just over flu, aren't you?
    The tea was good thinking. Even though it's awful that you had to do such a thing.

Thank you for asking -- it's very sweet of you to remember! That's still the plan, Partygirl, just as soon as we can get this house sold. Been on the market here for 15 months so far with what we're told by multiple sources is a very fair, competitive price -- which is good, because it's at rock bottom for what we can accept.

Fortunately, statistics show that sales of homes in our price bracket are picking up, and that this is the most active price range on island. What we really need is the creditors to start lending -- we've already seen several prospective buyers lost because they can't get financing.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Michigan is such a beautiful state, I really love it. Of course, you live somewhere beautiful now...

We have one of these lanterns for power outages - lol, we had a tornado warning, and the power out at once - it is VERY dark in the basement room with no windows! They have a smaller size also.

http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Rugged...8374021&sr=8-6