Thread: A Thread to bitch and complain?

Tonight my back pain is strong. I'm overeating carbs to try to relieve my emotional and physical pain. I'm alone too much.
    When I was newly injured, on my back in a hospital, I made a resolution.
    It was to lighten up.
    Well, I've continued to carry emotional baggage that's killing my present experience.
    Now, I want to recommit to chip away at that heavy load.
    Rich

pararich,
    sorry your back pain is so bad. I sometimes eat carbs as a way of coping too, which is particularly dangerous for me because I am diabetic. Ironically, a high sugar makes a diabetic sleepy, and sometimes the pain is so bad I am willing to trade off with a high sugar just to get sleepy enough to actually fall asleep for a bit. As for baggage.....hell, I need a cart just to carry it around with me!

I don't really have an appetite.

Thanks for the good thoughts, Bob and ParaRich.

Loved the article, Bob. I got a big laugh when I read that Itzhak Perlman responds in the third person when airline personnel talk to his companions instead of to him because I do the same thing (I wind up saying, "She is right here so you should talk directly to her" at least a half dozen times each trip).

I've been a big fan of his for a long time, bolstered by a personal check for $500 he wrote to help an intimate music venue in Ann Arbor, MI I frequented to install an elevator for better crip access. They originally asked him to come and play with a bluegrass band that were regulars as a fundraiser for the elevator -- he loved the idea but had a schedule conflict, so he sent the check instead. I was really bummed that he couldn't make it as that would have been one memorable performance! But, as usual, I digress...

I hope you had a better day today, Pararich, and I'm so sorry you're alone so much. I hope that being a part of CC can help ease some of the loneliness. Add me to the carb loading comfort crew, too -- I've been heard to say that there's nothing a good potato chip can't help.

As far as emotional baggage, I heard someone say once that everyone has it, and the goal of life is to try and surround yourself with people who have matching luggage. Made me smile then, and still does now.

kkmay, is your lack of appetite an ongoing thing? Having to force yourself to eat and having nothing food-wise sound appealing is rough.
    Last edited by thehipcrip; 11-08-2009 at 10:33 PM.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

my quads spasm so bad now, they feel like cramps.

Dad's in KS w/ pneumonia...in the same town where it killed my mom 3 weeks ago. Shit-scared here. Mom was there, then she wasn't, that fast.

Oh no...

Lightning shouldn't strike twice, most people recover - oh I hope so...

Oh no Beth. I am so sorry.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Oh no Bethany .,.. no wonder you are worried.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Betheny, Hope your dad recovers quickly!