Page 11 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: A Thread to bitch and complain?

Keps-
    be very careful w/that split That's exactly what/where mine was when we thought all it was was a skin split...4 1/2 months later I'm just now healed from a stage 4 hole to the bone...
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Hey Karen, glad to hear you're doing better!

Trudy

Quote Originally Posted by Broknwing
    Keps-
    be very careful w/that split That's exactly what/where mine was when we thought all it was was a skin split...4 1/2 months later I'm just now healed from a stage 4 hole to the bone...
    Bloody hell, that's awful 'Chelle! I didn't know you had skin issues.
    Did your split get down to the bone even with you being careful?

After 5 days in bed, my skin is no longer open, but it looks very pink and delicate. I got up today, but only lasted a few minutes in my chair before I felt faint and could hardly hear. Think my blood pressure's a bit wrecked.
    I was pleased though, that the transfer - with board - off and on my bed did not worsen my skin.

@ Trudy - cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by keps
    Bloody hell, that's awful 'Chelle! I didn't know you had skin issues.
    Did your split get down to the bone even with you being careful?
    Thanks...It's finally healed now...It's new pink healed skin I'm being real careful with myself...

It would heal over and then rip open then heal over, rip open....etc, etc...for about six months or so...it appeared to me, and my dr as a surface rip and we were treating it as such...What we couldn't tell was although it was closing at the surface it was opening underneath....We discovered b/c I used my jacuzzi tub in my bathroom and the whirlpool action essentially debrieded it, caused it to bleed like mad, and then I had a huge hole... needless to say I got it checked out after that....which is when I found out it was down to the bone....before that we had no idea it was anything except an annoying skin split...Now I will be more careful and alert about it...never knew that could happen like that....ACK...The past 4 months fighting it have been no fun...

I'm glad your skin is healed over...keep an eye on it and be careful while it's new and pink...
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

Cold... so, so cold

It's like 85 degrees and humid, and I'm freezing my ass off. I need a sweatshirt and winter hat. Sometimes I even grab a space heater! I hate feeling cold all the time. Does my body produce no internal heat at all anymore?

Got up this morning feeling fine, bowels ok. Put on a new shirt, feeling pleased as I've lost a bit of weight.

Wheel to work in sunshine, settle down, bit of toast, cup of tea, sort first couple of jobs of the day.

WHAM! Massive stomach spasm and suddenly a big hard turd is touching cloth. I can feel this as I am incomplete, as I can feel its repeated attempts for freedom.

Heavy footed colleagues walk past on the floor, each footstep feels like it moves my turd a tiny bit.

Panic. Pack bag. Send email to fellow director. Wheel home.

Still not had full blown accident. Awaiting that pleasure. Trying to work from home.

No PCA until 9 - 9.30pm, no way to transfer alone.

This NEVER happens to me. Suppose I should be grateful.

Fucking SCI.
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Having a sense of humour definately is a plus. Reading most of these make me thankful. I'm certainly not laughing at you Paul, but you make me want to laugh with you. The way you tell it is funny ...

Glad your wound healed Chelle - had no idea either. Karen I hope your wound remains closed and that pain is diagnosed ASAP!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Whew, Broknwing, so glad you are over the skin thing. Gosh, seeing all that blood in your bath must've been terrifying.

I must admit you've got me wondering now. I think there's nothing more going on under the skin, but reading what happened to you makes me realize I might be wrong.

I got up for a bit over 2 hours today. I got on and off my couch (quite involved transfer getting off), and I'm back on my bed - my skin looks no worse. Still no open wound, and it's even lighter pink.
    My legs are still quite jumpy...that could be constipation, though.

Thanks lynnifer. I promise I'm being really vigilant about inspecting my skin (several times a day!).

Zero - huh, tell me about it. It hasn't felt like there's been a summer here this year. There's only been a few days this year where I haven't needed a hot water bottle at night.
    I'm sure I've been cold most of the time since injury.

Paul - ah, that's grim. I'd say {{{hugs}}}, but you smell.

Thanks Lynn & Keps...I'm very glad that it's healed and I'm able to get back to my "normal" AND back to PT...I saw my SCI doc today and she gave me all my new therapy scripts...YEAH!!! PT, aqua-therapy, and she suggested some OT rto get my upper body re-strengthened from being down for so long...so I've got some OT as well...I'd-ve never thought of OT myself....but hey, I never had decent OT in the beginning anyway, I'll take some good OT now... I guess some good has come out of this whole ordeal....

I'm glad your sore is still healed and less pink Keps...keep baby-ing it and hopefully it won't be anything to worry about... I'm babying my new, pink, skin now....I've lost so much weight I've got no padding there anymore...argh...so it's even more delicate...I need some extra padding....lol...
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

You don't even wanna know how it turned out......thought I'd escaped but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I still smell
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."