Page 10 of 185 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: A Thread to bitch and complain?

Quote Originally Posted by keps
    Steve - I'm stuck in bed for the new few days at least, while a split on my ass heals. I'm seriously peed off, because I split the skin myself this morning by being too rough.
    This split is the worst one I've ever had, so I'm quite worried.
    OMG, as if you didn't have enough on your plate.........

I can't remember which party used "Things can only get better" as it's theme tune at the last election but next time around I'd vote for 'em if I were you!

All the best,

Jonathan.

I'm stuck in bed for the new few days at least, while a split on my ass heals. I'm seriously peed off, because I split the skin myself this morning by being too rough.

I'm able to spend less time online than usual, because except for an hour here and there, I'm having to stay on my side in bed to relieve the pressure on my ass. I can't use the laptop on my side.
    Hi Karen,

What do you mean by "split"? Your skin just split open while transferring or something? Is it bleeding?

You must have some very delicate skin or you're VERY rough on it. My skin has never split in 28 years of transferring. Do you still need to use a sliding board to transfer with because your arms are kinda short? And your skin split by way of "shearing" as you were sliding across it??

I sure hope you get it closed up and healed soon if it is indeed bleeding. This forum is just full of new and different types of injuries and sufferings. What the hell is going on with this world?

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Bob, the "shearing" and "road burn" problems are just two reasons I believe in and suggest "buttering" ones buns with a good herbal salve more or less constantly. It's a real inexpensive preventative/insurance against pressure sore problems; even helps lots with healing. I've found neem based salves excellent in this regard.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Sjean - oops. I misunderstood. Now I see what you mean.

Steve - I'm stuck in bed for the new few days at least, while a split on my ass heals. I'm seriously peed off, because I split the skin myself this morning by being too rough.

I'm able to spend less time online than usual, because except for an hour here and there, I'm having to stay on my side in bed to relieve the pressure on my ass. I can't use the laptop on my side.

The MRI I mentioned is not until the end of August. Hope my ass is fine by then.
    Karen, sorry to hear about the current addition to your problems; I'm sure you didn't need anything more. I do swear by the salve (above) as it basically saved me another stay in hospital.

I grow increasingly incredulous that your medical system over there has left you with so little support for so long with such intense pain. Generally, when I consider socialization of basic needed services re. our two systems, I consider the british system more socialized. If what you're going through is the result of socialized medicine it doesn't seem to be working out very well.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Thanks for the good wishes, guys.

Ok, it's embarrassing to mention this, but - the split is between my bum cheeks. I was cleaning myself there, and I am paranoid about not being clean and dry enough there, so I was over zealous.
    I have had this area of skin split reapeatedly thoughout my life (long before my injury), as it seems over delicate there, but this is the worst one I've had.

It's not bleeding now (well, except for a tiny dot every now and then), but the split is long and wide, although not very deep.

I'm currently using a little Vaseline, as this has always helped past splits to heal quite quickly. I have very odd skin, in that anything remotely scented tends to give me rashes.

Re: MRI, well, if it is not considered an emergency (which my side pain isn't), waits for scan are long. I only got this MRI appt for August because my consultant did his best to get it as soon as possble. Waits for "non-urgent" MRIs are frequently many months.

The only time I've got a scan same day was when I became paralyzed, which was because the docs knew it was serious.

Ah shit. Sorry to hear that Karen.
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Ouch, K! Take care of that bastard.

Cheers guys.

Todd, I can't feel the split, so no "ouches" from me! The way it looks, it would be incrediby sore if I had feeling.
    My bloody legs are letting me know they feel it though - they are jumping around like buggers.

Hi K. I'm new on here, but wanted to say I'm sorry about the split. Been there done that and it was'nt much fun. I too have to be careful what I use, but I did start using the vaseline in troubled spots on a regular basis and it seems to help. Hope you feel better soon!

Trudy

Quote Originally Posted by smokymtn memories
    Hi K. I'm new on here, but wanted to say I'm sorry about the split. Been there done that and it was'nt much fun. I too have to be careful what I use, but I did start using the vaseline in troubled spots on a regular basis and it seems to help. Hope you feel better soon!

Trudy
    Thanks Trudy.
    And welcome to CareCure!

I'm gonna be getting up for a very short time tomorrow, just to see how my bum reacts. The split is healing well, and looks much better than when I first did it.