Page 180 of 185 FirstFirst ... 80130170171172173174175176177178179180181182183184185 LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 1842

Thread: A Thread to bitch and complain?

I pucken hates disautonomia. WHAAaaaaaaa aaaaaaa aaaaaa aaaaa aa!

While taking my Mother to Sams Club for some shopping I started to pull into an open handicapped parking spot when some older man, probably in his mid 50's who was behind me in his car yells to me "HEY! THAT'S A HANDICAPPED SPOT." So I stopped my vehicle halfway in the spot and I turned around to give him the look (you know the type of look that says no shit) lol I guess he didn't like that response, because he quickly sped off towards the opposite end of the parking lot. So I hang up my handicapped parking placard on my mirror and I get out, grab my cane, then slowly make my way to the back of my vehicle. Now by then my Mother is standing at the back of my vehicle and I'm sitting on my tailgate taking out my wheelchair and that same man comes walking up and I can tell by the look on his face he's quite embarrassed and he says to me "I'm really sorry man, I didn't know you were handicapped." I told him that's right you didn't know and if you would have given me a second to park my vehicle and actually hang up my placard, you would of noticed that I was legally parking here. Maybe next time give a person a chance to hang up their placard before you start yelling at them.

Let me just play devil's advocate. Hanging a placard, by no means, is not proof that you're handicapped. Clearly, I'm not referring to you, I just mean in general.
    Plus, why would anyone just yell at someone for pulling into a spot without looking?
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Quote Originally Posted by Crappler View Post
    Let me just play devil's advocate. Hanging a placard, by no means, is not proof that you're handicapped. Clearly, I'm not referring to you, I just mean in general.
    Plus, why would anyone just yell at someone for pulling into a spot without looking?
    You're right it isn't proof, but if someone has one chances are they probably are handicapped, or someone else in the vehicle is, plus unless you are a Police Officer you don't have any right to ever question them about it. Anyway in the situation I was describing I hadn't finished parking and been given the chance to even hang up my placard, so it's not like he saw my placard and thought that it wasn't mine.

As for why they would yell something for pulling into a spot without looking, I really don't know, I guess that they probably made a quick assumption by the type of vehicle I was driving and how I looked that I wasn't handicapped. Who knows for sure, maybe he was having a bad day, or he may have wanted to park in that spot.

Agreed. There's no way he should have assumed and jumped to conclusions like that.

Some people's children!
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Arrrrgh! A half day wasted at the doc's office waiting for a 10 minute followup visit and flu shot. I wonder how many life-years are wasted in these waiting rooms
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Troubles of the moment to get off my chest---
    Sorry if boring reading!

My usual back pain. I envision my bowels being full and pushing on something. A new way to describe the pain- it "stings."
    Winter coming and with it- burning oil to heat leaky house. History of having one cold after another. Less sunlight. Dread of stronger depression. I'm trying to live without depression meds.
    Paralyzed parts "feel" painful when out in the cold. Don't understand that.
    Also, spending a lot of money on a dental implant, root canals and crowns.
    Spent a lot on new (really nice) handcycle.
    Time speeding along. Keep having dreams- I'm in school and way behind on assignments or at work- many obstacles to getting projects done.

Enough moaning! I analyze too much. Too much time by myself!
    What am I grateful for? Tons. Where's the forum for that? I bet there is one.
    Rich

sumbitch.

my noseplug fer swimmin dun fell off in der deepend and I too dang proud to ask the gang of aquasizers to fetch it.

geez I have it rough.

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    sumbitch.

my noseplug fer swimmin dun fell off in der deepend and I too dang proud to ask the gang of aquasizers to fetch it.

geez I have it rough.
    lol.............

I started therapy last week, but saw a different person today because the one I saw originally can't see medicaid patients. I liked the one last week.... Not this one so much.

I have a history of anxiety and PTSD plus I'm wanting to try to come to terms with being disabled and my limitations, currently I use denial. First the therapist asks if I think using a wheelchair is making my PTSD worse. No? Then at the end of the session she's talking about how she believes I have it in me to heal myself and finally get past everything. She gestures to me and comments about healing everything.... I say I don't understand. So she starts talking about how my physical condition can be healed as well. That the universe has the power to do anything, don't I know that? Do I believe in a higher power?

I thought you've got to be fucking kidding me. This is as bad as the annoying guy at the gym that wouldn't leave me alone, then after asking questions told me god makes a cure for everything in nature and I just have to find it. I have a genetic disorder, nothing short of gene therapy is going to cure me and I'm not going to see that in my lifetime.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.