Page 2 of 185 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: A Thread to bitch and complain?

WWCR do?

Would Christopher Reeve bitch and complain?

What do you have to bitch and complain about?

Life is good!
    Life is great!

titanium4motion

We are lucky to get a pizza delivered here and that is if you live right in the middle of town.....groceries forget it!!!! We only have two grocery stores LOL.... Delivery might be nice...I hate grocery shopping.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Yeah, it definately helps with the carrying things part. Sometimes I kind of wish I had a powerchair...it would free up an arm. Could push a shopping cart then and really haul tons of crap then. I guess it does save time though, I'm really not up for wasting an hour+ doing that most days.

Quote Originally Posted by titanium4motion

Life is good!
    Life is great!

titanium4motion
    Umm okay...

The closest I've come to Peapod here is use of a college student. In the past I sent him my grocery list via e. He had a check for the grocer signed by me and okayed by the store manager who knew why this guy was shopping for me, had my signed personal check. The guy did my shopping and delivered to me. I paid him by the hour to run errands with a minimum guarantee.

He'd also take my dog with him on other errands because she loved to ride. He got extra for including my then Wonder Dog. She was crazy about him and him her so it worked great.

Before he'd leave, I'd write another check made payable to the grocer for the next week.

Lather, rinse. Repeat as needed.

Mom has done it for me while my skin heals.

Believe it or not, looking forward to just being in the farkin' grocery again. LOL Last night I escaped my apartment for a short time, rolled to my Uncle's for pizza and a visit with him and Wonder Dog. My arse is no worse for the wear.

Tomorrow's adventure of the heal thy gimpy arse kind? An afternoon sitting in the sun with my iPod catching rays and a few good tunes. As long as it doesn't get too hot, shouldn't hurt me for a couple of hours.

I'll be hell on wheels when I cut myself loose and my arse completely heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais
    Umm okay...
    Ha, yeah that's about all I got too

Alrighty then,
    To continue:
    I got up early to meet a contractor guy at the Home Improvement place to pick paint for my bedroom. His MO is to tell me his plans and then not follow through and then not call for two weeks. I'm mostly mad cause I put up with crap, too often. I paid him (too much) for some past work and left to study at college.

Tried to do my 3D Computer Aided Design. Software has bugs. Very frustrated. Teacher is very little help when I go to class.
    Waste a lot of time trying to draw a simple thing.

Again there's a leak in a plastic bag I cathed into. My cushion and pants are wet. I can't use this method any more.

Library closed early so I went to a bookstore cafe to study. I had vending machine snacks for lunch early. I hate eating unhealthy. But, I didn't plan ahead.
    The math studying was difficult. Maybe short on protein for my brain!
    Felt a little like I was a spectacle to other customers.
    Went across to a family restaurant. Eating alone felt a little strange. I wanted something healthier than at the fast food places next door. What I had (chicken in a salad) didn't seem too healthy. Chicken was coated with something and there was way too much dressing.
    Home to mom.
    I am late for my bowel routine. She has to dump the poop cause I can't get into the bathroom.
    I'm sure there will be more to come!
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by pararich
    Alrighty then,
    To continue:
    I got up early to meet a contractor guy at the Home Improvement place to pick paint for my bedroom. His MO is to tell me his plans and then not follow through and then not call for two weeks. I'm mostly mad cause I put up with crap, too often. I paid him (too much) for some past work and left to study at college.

Tried to do my 3D Computer Aided Design. Software has bugs. Very frustrated. Teacher is very little help when I go to class.
    Waste a lot of time trying to draw a simple thing.

Again there's a leak in a plastic bag I cathed into. My cushion and pants are wet. I can't use this method any more.

Library closed early so I went to a bookstore cafe to study. I had vending machine snacks for lunch early. I hate eating unhealthy. But, I didn't plan ahead.
    The math studying was difficult. Maybe short on protein for my brain!
    Felt a little like I was a spectacle to other customers.
    Went across to a family restaurant. Eating alone felt a little strange. I wanted something healthier than at the fast food places next door. What I had (chicken in a salad) didn't seem too healthy. Chicken was coated with something and there was way too much dressing.
    Home to mom.
    I am late for my bowel routine. She has to dump the poop cause I can't get into the bathroom.
    I'm sure there will be more to come!
    Pararich, I understand your frustrations. Reading your post reminded me of what I went through. After I got injured and returned home my living conditions were unaccessible too. In time, your home will get fixed up. What I can share with you is get at lease 6 quotes from different contractors. Throw out the lowest bid because this guy will find problems and end up being the most expensive. What you are doing is right. That is why God gave us a brain. I am not being smart about this. In time it gets easier. I see you are newly injured.

I see you are studying CAD. Great field to go into. I did too. It is a wonderful job! My work is very excting and I do many different design types, 2D, 3D modeling, solid modeling, electrical schematics, piping and instrument diagrams aka P&ID and some AutoLISP programming. The need for CAD designers is great. Keep studying and never give up until you have that degree in your hand. Then look for a job working the United States Government like NASA or the Department of Defense.

Go for tutoring if you need help. Don't look at tutoring as "I am dumb and I don't know this material" but as getting an academic edge on the material. Encourage study groups with classmates.

There were days I had accidents too. Remain cool and collected and don't say anything but take care of getting clean up. Expressing your frustration around others make you look dumb. Keep your composure and just leave. Life gets better with a SCI. The rewards are plentiful and beautiful too. Life gets better too. Carry a plastic trash bag in your vehicle or backpack to sit on if you do have an accident.

A very good tip to share with you while you are in college. In class ask a lot of questions even those "stupid" ones. Believe me there is someone sitting there afraid to ask that question. There is a very good reason why I posted this tip. Do it and you will find out in time.

Being angry and frustrated doesn't help the situation. Problem solving and taking care of the matter is a more constructive way with dealing with the problem. So there is really no need to be bitching or complaining. Each morning when you wake up it is only you to make the choice to be a complainer or make the best of your day and be a winner.

Something to think about? What would Christopher Reeve do in your situation?

titanium4motion

Actually, bitching and complaining can be constructive. It helps to get the trash out of our systems. It's important to d/l the junk somewhere. At least here, most people know and understand.

Apparently not everyone gets the therapeutic value of saying what needs to be said, but I say go for it, Rich.

I'm not farking Christopher Reeve, nor do I want to be, Titanium. We each find our own role models when and if we find them. If CR does it for you, that's great, but dude wasn't Jesus. Even then, Jesus only works for someone if that is her/his role model.

Rich, what you've described is uber frustrating. Dealing with contractors who don't show or call or follow up is maddening.

Yes, that eating alone in a restaurant thing feels uncomfortable at times. I'm okay with it when I do it, but it took time to get there.

You had a big time frustrating day in a dozen ways, big and small. Anyone would feel the stress of it.

Ahhhhhh, yes. Having help with the most personal of care for what we once did without thinking. Nohing like it to cap off an otherwise PITA day.

As for d/l-ing what we need at CC, I think it's one of the things we do for each other best. We listen, share, undertsand. We say things to each other here we'd never say to anyone else. Sometimes we're able to first find a voice for what we need to do in life on these forums that would not otherwise be spoken or even done.

Keep posting what you find frustrating, a PITA, unbearable because chances are many of us have had it happen, too. Maybe it didn't all happen in the same day, but chances are it's happened to someone else here, too, if not most of us.

I hope tomorrow and the rest of your week are much improved, Rich. Sending **hugs**.

Quote Originally Posted by titanium4motion
    Who cares? But, I can't imagine that he did not complain when it was appropriate. Who doesn't?

Do you want a list? Start with the fact that I am in severe pain 24/7 and that I haven't had an orgasm in about 20 yrs and, well, do you really need to hear anything else?

Life is good!
    Life is great!
    Most of the time, but life can suck pretty hard on some days, too.

Expressing your frustration around others make you look dumb.
    It does? Why?

Being angry and frustrated doesn't help the situation. Problem solving and taking care of the matter is a more constructive way with dealing with the problem. So there is really no need to be bitching or complaining. Each morning when you wake up it is only you to make the choice to be a complainer or make the best of your day and be a winner.
    Oh, fer pity's sake... I'm sorry, but this is getting rather trite. Of COURSE it's up to each individual to make the best of their situation on a daily basis, but that doesn't mean that it's wrong for one to vent when they are feeling frustrated. It's just not possible for someone to be happy ALL the time and expressing negative emotions can be cathartic. As Mem noted, venting can be constructive. It releases tension and voicing one's emotions can help one focus and find solutions sometimes too. Denying someone that is unhealthy.

Something to think about? What would Christopher Reeve do in your situation?
    Um... I think you may be taking hero worship to an uncomfortable, new level. Do you honestly believe that Reeve would have welcomed this sort of adoration?

C.