Thread: A Thread to bitch and complain?

Bente, so sorry for all that is going on for you right now. The bikes shop couldn't repair the flat? That is nuts assuming they had the right size tube!

They don't have the right size of tubes in the bike shops here and noone want to repair my chair because it is too old. They said I got a new on in a "little" week. I don't believe them. And they have cut out a lot of the chairs so I wonder what they give me this time.

But after two years screaming to the Quickie man, is that what you call DME, he came and adjusted that chair instead. I called and called and said it was an emergency because I was without a chair so he came at 5pm after his job to help out. But after two years it was time

And the cell phones is not working in whole Norway today, something is wrong, but happily I have an old fashion phone too but nobody else have.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Oh Donno! I cringed reading the first sentence. Glad it was not worse, but gee.

Oh Donno that completely sucks! Frustrating! Heal soon!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post
    They don't have the right size of tubes in the bike shops here and noone want to repair my chair because it is too old. They said I got a new on in a "little" week. I don't believe them. And they have cut out a lot of the chairs so I wonder what they give me this time.

But after two years screaming to the Quickie man, is that what you call DME, he came and adjusted that chair instead. I called and called and said it was an emergency because I was without a chair so he came at 5pm after his job to help out. But after two years it was time

And the cell phones is not working in whole Norway today, something is wrong, but happily I have an old fashion phone too but nobody else have.
    Good grief Bente-I hope your day got better. Think of the sidewalk cafe...........

Quote Originally Posted by keps View Post
    Lazlo - oh no, you can't be up all day on a sore like that! What are you going to do?
    Don't know. Can't work without being in the office, can't heal without being off my butt, can't pay for medical without working.

Adding a complaint. I had to get my bac pump refilled while I was off insurance. I knew it was going to be expensive, but I had no idea how expensive - $4,000! I'm working now but I can't just cough up four grand. The damn pump isn't even helping!

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    Good grief Bente-I hope your day got better. Think of the sidewalk cafe...........
    No sidewalk cafe, it has been pouring down for a week and it is only 13C, so I haven't been out except for the supermarket where I got the flat. Even the cats stay inside and they sleep and sleep and I am so bored. And everything is closed even on Monday because of the Pentecost. I am not even religious and we have all those stupid holidays that people who work love and people who don't hate. I am so restless my heart is jumping.

But at least I have a chair. The other chair didn't only get a flat, it is impossible to put another wheel on too, something is destroyed inside where you put the wheel.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Quote Originally Posted by Lazlo View Post
    Don't know. Can't work without being in the office, can't heal without being off my butt, can't pay for medical without working.

Adding a complaint. I had to get my bac pump refilled while I was off insurance. I knew it was going to be expensive, but I had no idea how expensive - $4,000! I'm working now but I can't just cough up four grand. The damn pump isn't even helping!
    What a vicious circle! But what if the wound gets so bad you have no choice but to stop work and have your life on hold forever to treat it? You don't want to get to the stage of osteo or worse.

Donno - I was about to say "ouch" then thought better of it. Lol.

Bente - I'm glad your friend has at least woken up. That's got to be better than still unconscious, right? This is very new, perhaps she has a lot of progress to make?
    Oh, you should go to the solid tyres! I know they are heavier, but for peace of mind and never being at the mercy of a tyre blowing, I think they're worth it.
    Also, it seems wheelchair users get treated worse in Norway than here.

My bitch for today - I gave up and put a foley in tonight. I've been cathing every 1 1/2 to 2 hours today, and I just couldn't cope. I'm exhausted and couldn't relax for wondering when my next bout of ad goosebumps were going to tell me it was time to cath yet again. I've got a headache from all the times I've had a full bladder today.
    The longer this goes on, the less I feel able to cope with sci-related self care. I feel like weeping having to do a bowel program (and have wept on the toilet before), but at least that's just once a day, then I can mostly forget about it. The bladder stuff never goes away, I'm feeling more and more like I can't handle cathing over 10 times a day. Getting bad sleep due to needing to pee 3 or more times a night. Restricting fluids just doesn't work for me.

K, that strikes me as an unusual amount of cathing ..... I only cath 4 - 6 times, max. Do you take something like ditropan?
    T7-8 since Feb 2005