Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spasms

Spasms

My spasm is not shaking at all. its mostly my abs getting really tight and makes my legs straighten or kicks. Its get worse when my bladder (my whole abs get tight I barely can even push the chair) is full. its good that its an alarm to go to washroom but when I wanna push myself forward it starts kicking and throwing me out of my chair. and make it hard to do catheter.. It really sucks considering that it got worse these days...anyone else has that kinda weird spasm?
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 04-19-2007 at 08:32 AM.

anyone?

I have spasms like that. Are you on any meds? Are you incomplete?
    Be always determined in Life and Love

i experience the same spasticity [very painfull as well].agrrr......
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

I am a C 6/7 incomplete and I have the same thing happen to me Wheeliegirl when I need to cath; if I prolong having to cath for to long my feet shoot off the foot rests and my legs go into full extension. As soon as I start to empty my bladder my feet return to the foot rests and my legs start to loose their tone. I really do not have spasms that throw my body around but as soon as I lay down my legs go into full extension and turn into iron rods so to speak. If I grab my legs at the knee and break the tone they will fold up so I can lay down with out them kicking straight out again. I do not take any meds for my tone or spasms as I contribute them to keeping my legs almost the same size as before my fall. I would however love to just one night not have to fight the tone when I lay down just to remember what it felt like five years ago tomorrow

I have a lot of the same symptons as nevada. Even tho' I'm in a pwrchair, if I sit up too long, when I bend forward my legs will sometimes kick up and off my footrest. At night my legs kick really violent as soon as I get in bed. They calm in about 10 seconds or so. During the night my left leg really kicks as well as my abs.. sometimes in a short, 1 kick burst. I also take Baclofen 20 mg. 4x/day.

I took 2 weeks off from doing my Nu Step, as a precaition, a cpl. of weeks ago bc I had a small blister on the fatty tissue of my butt cheek. It healed up very quick, but I noticed all the above symptons during that time. My spasms have started calming back down in the past few weeks bc of the minimal movements of my seater. It's not much, but I think doing some cardio leg work will help those with severe spasms.

Quote Originally Posted by nevada
    I am a C 6/7 incomplete and I have the same thing happen to me Wheeliegirl when I need to cath; if I prolong having to cath for to long my feet shoot off the foot rests and my legs go into full extension. As soon as I start to empty my bladder my feet return to the foot rests and my legs start to loose their tone. I really do not have spasms that throw my body around but as soon as I lay down my legs go into full extension and turn into iron rods so to speak. If I grab my legs at the knee and break the tone they will fold up so I can lay down with out them kicking straight out again. I do not take any meds for my tone or spasms as I contribute them to keeping my legs almost the same size as before my fall. I would however love to just one night not have to fight the tone when I lay down just to remember what it felt like five years ago tomorrow
    exactly... I tried Baclofen and couple of other meds that my Dr gave me.. no change... my Dr even said botox is not usefull for that kinda spasm

that kind of spasm (my leg shooting out straight) usually happens when i transfer bed to chair. one trick to break it is squeezing ur big toe while bending ur knee

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelie_girl_
    exactly... I tried Baclofen and couple of other meds that my Dr gave me.. no change... my Dr even said botox is not usefull for that kinda spasm
    i learned from experience bush policy[regarding violence and stem cell reaserch]....respond to violence with violence ...so when my legs and body are jumping like crazy i hit the legs hoping for a miracle to happen.unfortunatley the tehnique do not work.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Quote Originally Posted by adi chicago
    i learned from experience bush policy[regarding violence and stem cell reaserch]....respond to violence with violence ...so when my legs and body are jumping like crazy i hit the legs hoping for a miracle to happen.unfortunatley the tehnique do not work.
    hehe funny