Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: noise and pain

noise and pain

does anyone has this bad experience regarding loud unexpected noises and increased pain?[i feel instantaneous like somebody is using a scalpel and my whole body including internal organs are ripped to pieces].i don`t know if hyperacusi is the main cause,problem. .any advice?
    thank you.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

It's not unusual for annoyances to upstage each other. For example, if my anxiety is bad, the ringing in my ear may seem more intolerable that moment than others. Stress added to stress increases the pain of a situation.

to be honest i don`t know if i am anxious or depressed ,the only thing that kills me is pain ,spasms,uti`s etc.i try to ignore them as much as i can ,is so hard ..i told my family ...without pain and all this vicious circle i will be like a new born adi.i wont give up my dreams .
    cheers
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Just from my personal experiences,this does also effect my pain.i am thinking its mostly due to the hyper reflexic state my body is always in.all of my reflexes are hyper now along with definite increases in my leg spasticity whenever i hear a sudden noise or hear overwhelmingly bad or shocking news.my father died last month,very very suddenly and out of the blue.just a very healthy,active 76 year old,who appeared to have just fell outside,was talking and totally with it.when we got down to the hospital,we kind of expected like a broken hip or something,only to find out he had a triple A,and had coded in the CT scanner.wow,my body went absolutely insane on me,everything just started shaking then snapping violently.my central and my RSD knee pain which also has nerve damage other than just the sympathetic that triggers the RSD to begin with,also went way up.this was just my body absorbing a really sudden unexpected shock.the response was really unbelieveable.i had absolutely no control at all over this reaction.it just had to run it's course.marcia

Kids, noise, anything that gets on my nerves elevates pain level. I just assumed that is why they call it "neurological pain"

In my case.. Have AutoDeflex episodes, but the sound Pain dosnt return. Also Anexity just Causes Burning sensations.
    Iv too experenced the hypersenstivy to sound like you have described. When I first tried Neuriton It seemed to had caused those sensation. Then as soon as I switchd over to Lyrica then Sound stopped hurting. I believe it to be a side effect of Neuriton.
    Last edited by patricks; 05-25-2007 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adi chicago
    does anyone has this bad experience regarding loud unexpected noises and increased pain
    Yup, same here. When that annoying dog that lived here let out a sudden paniced highpitched terror filled ultra high decibel bark those really hurt. Now that the dog is gone, pain occurances are markedly reduced. But sudden loud noises still do that, not nearly as bad as that little bastard dog. (you can tell I liked that pest, eh? )

Adrenaline surges with some noise but no pain. The surges of adrenaline results in the fight or flight syndrome and this sometimes needs to be managed with the medication. There is an entire thread about this topic in the Life Forum.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

It bothers my best friend, who has SCI. He says it big time effects his bladder. SO, I try to wash dishes when he's in the washroom. Scott.