Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The vent thread

On the subject of hair, I feel shame that I have never darkened the doorway of any professional hairdresser.

@ Thread topic - I want to vent about just having eaten a big bun, lying here in bed with my laptop. I didn't really feel like eating, but I ate it anyway. Pure greed. And now I feel queasy.

Neurontin makes hair grow faster, Cali? Is that what's up with mine? Four weeks after it's cut it's an inch longer.

As for your hair looking like a rooster Rollin, no worries. Got that tousled messy, crazy look whether a.m. or p.m. going here Just rock your hair like it's meant to look that way.

No worries on a salon, Karen. Your hair's pretty as is. (Hope the bun queasiness passes soon.)

Kewl hair there, Officer Jazzy. Got that touch of blonde thing happening. Looking good.

Is this the vent thread?
    OK, I'll get straight to the point
    SCI SUX! I feel better already
    Step up, stand up for:
    http://www.stepnow.org

'He not busy being born is busy dying." <Bob Dylan>

I was on a vent...this is the vent thread right?
    Injured May 19, 2006, C4 incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by mimin
    I miss being able to change outfits until I find the right one. Now, if I get up and decide I don't like the pants that I'm wearing, it takes five minutes to go back on the bed, change and transfer back into the wheelchair.
    Or even just transfering onto the bed to get dressed and then realizing that you left your jeans on the bench on the opposite side of the room. It's the minor inconveniences that piss me off the most.

C.

ahhhhh the short list of things that suck:

dropping stuff
    not being able to reach stuff

going from 6'3" to 4'8" and having people pat or tap you on the head, no one EVER patted my head pre-sci, NOBODY.

the rain...... I've gotten better @ acccepting and dealing with it (thats all one can really do about it).... but it still sucks

drumroll please........................

I'll probably catch hell for this, but I really don't care...

The #1 thing I would like to vent about today...

Whiny paras bitching about how rough they have it.

People People, alot of the Paras I know DON'T bitch, and there are alot of issues where we are all in the same boat. But dammnit the way some people go on and on and on, you'd think they were C2 and vent dependent, then you look @ their profile and it says L1 incomplete.

You wanna know what it feels like to have quad hands? Put on a pair of boxing gloves, douse them w/ baby oil, then try to go about your day. Make sure you try to open a bag of chips, my favorite OT drill...

...much better, leave what replies you will, I'll be immersed in Jeff's Joke thread.
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
    Winston Churchill

I have 2 tests this week & can't seem to study for more than 20 minutes before my mind wonders to something else. I need a concentration pill asap.
    If there is light
    it will find
    you

--Charles Bukowski

Yo, I don't like being mistaken for being a Hispanic.

The Spurs got robbed of a victory today because Tim Duncan was ejected in the third quarter by that lousy referee Joe Crawford.

The Phillies are playing horrible. Let's go MVP Ryan Howard, good thing we didn't give you a long-term contract. You could be a one-hit wonder just like Pat Burrell. What a mistake that was.

I'll register a complaint. I just became acquainted with a necklace in Dillard's that should be mine. Nobody could love it more than I. $170 isn't that much for fabulous...but I needed underwear and wrinkle cream worse.

I have a feeling we shall meet again. I don't need no steenking groceries.

But 6 strands of raw AND polished aquamarine. I may need that to sustain life.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    I'll register a complaint. I just became acquainted with a necklace in Dillard's that should be mine. Nobody could love it more than I. $170 isn't that much for fabulous...but I needed underwear and wrinkle cream worse.

I have a feeling we shall meet again. I don't need no steenking groceries.

But 6 strands of raw AND polished aquamarine. I may need that to sustain life.
    You paint a pretty picture but the artist is the gem.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane