Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The vent thread

eh, to hell with it, get hair like mine that's supposed to look like "just be glad i didn't snap and cut it all off"
    Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway

Frank's blog:
    http://www.franktalk-scurry.blogspot.com
    My regular blog:
    http://www.ithinkithinktoomuchblog.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ads32
    Great idea OP

That was a sensitive thing to say on a spinal injury board. Proud of ya
    It is a universal problem, I remember it from back in the AB day.

Sheesh, ppl are hyper-sensitive today.

While I've never been ab, I was at least not as dis as I am now. I can sooooooo relate to what everyone's saying.

My hair never again looks like it does at the salon, even if I buy $123 worth of hair products sold there. It. Never. Looks. The. Same.

I had trouble making my hair do what it did at the salon when all I had to deal with was cerebral palsy. Go figure. I can relate to Mary/Duramater because before I was SCI, I still had hair woes.

Was about to have my hair all cropped off because I was tired of dealing with it. Decided to let it grow and grow instead.

My hair is a mess. It's curly and thick with a mind of its own.

My little nieces are fascinated with my hair because it's unlike the tresses of anyone else in the family.

My younger niece wanted to "tame" it before I went to her older sister's swim practice. She spent half an hour trying to brush and coax this wild mane into a pony tail so she could pull it through the back of a baseball cap for me Andre Agasse style. She did a great job, not because she's six, but because she did it with my hair and three stying products.

After a few minutes, the ponytail began to curl and stick out in a myriad of Medusa like ways. She shook her head, delivered the verdict with a knowing sigh.

"It's a mess."

I had to laugh.

My vent is about dissing on Mary/Duramater. I don't own the pain and suffering market when it comes to styling my hair. Ab's have their hair woes, too.

Hair woes

Hey, you might wanna try relaxing your hair. I just got it done on Friday. Or Japanese hair straightening, although that costs a fortune.
    The guys reading this must be like , She is !

Quote Originally Posted by mimin
    Hey, you might wanna try relaxing your hair. I just got it done on Friday. Or Japanese hair straightening, although that costs a fortune.
    The guys reading this must be like , She is !
    I'm just glad this thread didn't turn out to be what I thought of when I saw the title.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

A friend used a high end iron on mine and my hair rocked. That's just rough on the hair though and I can;t do it independently.

My hair grows too fast to go for chemical straightening. I've seen what straightened hair looks like growing out and I don't even wanna go there given the texture of my hair.

neurontin made my hair grow like mad. i hate that med so much.
    Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway

Frank's blog:
    http://www.franktalk-scurry.blogspot.com
    My regular blog:
    http://www.ithinkithinktoomuchblog.blogspot.com

Dare I join in on the ''hair chatter''? I keep my hair shorter as it's easier to deal with as opposed to hair gel and quad hands.. a freakin' mess.

If I was to go to the complaint department, I'd vent that I wished I was a little bit taller. There's a complaint I'd like to see get rectified.

yea, hair.

before sci i always had long hair. now have to keep it cut short cause i can't blowdry an style in the mornings with quad hands.

plus when its long, i have a complex about ppl seein me in the mornings with roostered up hair. another woe of me having to have aides come in to help me up in the mornings.