Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The vent thread

The vent thread

Here's the idea: a place where you could get it all off your chest. I was going to call it my vent thread, but that sounded too selfish. I figure it's better than paying good money for a shrink who doesn't even understand my situation. And then after you finished venting away, you could go to the joke thread for some laughs.

So my first vent is that I called a restaurant the other day to see if it was accessible; they said yes; got there and low and behold: steps! Not so many, mind you, but I was in my power wheelchair and there's no way anyone could lift me up in that thing.

Second vent: I miss being able to change outfits until I find the right one. Now, if I get up and decide I don't like the pants that I'm wearing, it takes five minutes to go back on the bed, change and transfer back into the wheelchair.

That's all for now, feeling better already.

You are absolutely right re: changing outfits. That is our inalienable right as females. How can we exercise our God-given prerogative to change our minds otherwise??

How about-a new haircut that you're afraid to wash because you're not convinced you can style it with quad fingers?

Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    You are absolutely right re: changing outfits. That is our inalienable right as females. How can we exercise our God-given prerogative to change our minds otherwise??

How about-a new haircut that you're afraid to wash because you're not convinced you can style it with quad fingers?
    You can change your minds, just not your pants but at least you know who's wearing the pants in the family.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

I'll take 2 cry-baby soups, please. (I'm also ordering for the gentleman that excused himself to check out the restaurant's industrial-sized coffee grinder. Don't mind him, he's a freak.). Blue cheese on the salads. Medium salsa, bring us some queso too. We looove extra freshly ground pepper, thanks!That oughtta do it!

How about getting a new haircut you are afraid to wash because you can't style it with AB fingers? LOL thats a universal fear!
    1FineSpineRN

DUDE!

Besides my Arts and Entertainment thread, I also have been lobbying for a
    "Rant N' Rave" thread.

I'm obviously not sleeping with the right people.

And the truth shall set you free.

Great idea OP

Quote Originally Posted by Duramater
    How about getting a new haircut you are afraid to wash because you can't style it with AB fingers? LOL thats a universal fear!
    That was a sensitive thing to say on a spinal injury board. Proud of ya

No longer able to play "pull my finger" with the little ones.

tp
    Sometimes you can't get where you're going until you've been where you've been.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by NoDecafPlz
    DUDE!

Besides my Arts and Entertainment thread, I also have been lobbying for a
    "Rant N' Rave" thread.

I'm obviously not sleeping with the right people.

So you say. Link?
    J.B.S.Haldane

Quote Originally Posted by Ads32
    Great idea OP

That was a sensitive thing to say on a spinal injury board. Proud of ya
    Yeah, now go squat in a corner and pound your fingers with a hammer until you know how a high quad feels. I love the sound of ABs crying over their bashed in fingers in the morning.
    J.B.S.Haldane