Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Having another treatment - Xcell-Center

Banned
    hi! everybody i present myself :
    My name is Jose and i'm a man
    i'm french so excuse my english.
    I'm paraplegic in D7/d8 since oct 2006 and would like to do a steam cell therapie in Cologne.
    I had a phone call with Olivar
    Juan Jose Olivar
    Costumer Care Representative
    XCell-Center
    and he told me that i shoud done the therapie before 1 year injury time.

RICH, do you have any improvement since the last injection ?

He send me this about the cost:

Thank you for your interest in stem cell therapy.

To be eligible for treatment we need some relevant information about the patient.

This includes:

1 - Recent MRI (not older than six months), this must be a high resolution scan. (better in cd-rom format)

2 - Description of your lesion by radiologist (MRI report).

3 - Patient history and recent report by neurologist.

You can send it (via post or E-mail) to:

Xcell-center
    Spankerenseweg 16
    6974 BC Leuvenheim, (registered or courier service)
    The Netherlands
    E-mail: jolivar@xcell-center.com
    Fax: +31 575 568 366

On this base a medical commission will do an overall evaluation.

You will receive our decision within a few weeks.

The costs of this evaluation amount to 357.-- Euro .

If you are eligible, we will contact you to give you detailed information about the procedure and the logistics as well.

At present the price for a treatment is 19,635.-- Euro. (open operation).

The price for an intrathecal treatment, directly in the spinal cord fluid like a lumbar punction is 6.546,-- Euro.

The price for the angiography (catheterism) is 8,925.—Euro.

The procedure will be done in Cologne (Germany)

For further information please do not hesitate contact us as much as possible by email or telephone at office time. As soon as you send us your reports, please let me know. I enclose a document where you can find information about our therapies for Spinal Cord Injury. Check this link to find information about our clinic.

www.xcell-center.de

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

With kindest regards,

Juan Jose Olivar

how did this work for you, rich?

Well, I had my second treatment almost a year ago. It was April of 2007. Since my second treatment I have had return. First I thought is was just a one time deal and then time went by and still there!!! This gets really personal but I might as well share since most people here can relate.

I regained my sexual function since my last treatment! Never, since my accident had I not had to use other methods (blue pill) to acheive a lasting erection. Again, I thought it was a one time deal, then time and time again it's worked. But the real test I thought would be after a couple drinks. Sometimes the blue pill would even work, but so far still going strong!! When people ask me it I had any return since my last treatment it difficult to tell someone that you have regained your sexual function. But yes, I clearly had some return from my treatment, nothing I really want to shout from the roof tops! If I started shouting that I would have to explain to my wife why all these random women keep calling me!!!!!

big, big grin!

So have you anyone here in this country doing follow-up with your gains following treatments? Like MRI's or something that would show healing of the cord, lesser injury site- scar tissue, etc. Do you do pt about the same as prior treatments?
    "I want to make a difference! However small it may be~ as long as it's a positive one, then this is what my life will have been about and I will go knowing I did my best.~ T.

Quote Originally Posted by richwelsh63
    This gets really personal but I might as well share since most people here can relate.

I regained my sexual function since my last treatment! Never, since my accident had I not had to use other methods (blue pill) to acheive a lasting erection.
    When you say sexual function, do you mean erection and ejaculation?

Yes, I have continued the same routine well actually not excercising as much as I did before. I have not had another mri yet. My Dr. said their is no reason to do an mri until I have a problem. I haven't been eatting or drinking anything different.

When I say sexual function, yes, erection and ejaculation. I was able before my treatment to have a erection but it would not last. I had to use the blue pill.

I see. I am curious to pt before/after due to the questioning of it as a part of recovery in treatment vs. aggressive rehabilitation programs following. As well I thought that perhaps im unprofessional opinion but somewhat recalling that a lesser lesion site could be an indication of healing, the stem cells targeting area in need and therefore your gains? Wisey?

Are you going for another treatment then?
    "I want to make a difference! However small it may be~ as long as it's a positive one, then this is what my life will have been about and I will go knowing I did my best.~ T.

I'm thinking about going for another treatment but I was waiting for the approval of the laser treatment following the stem cell treatment. I know that Dr. Todd Ovokaitys, from California is working with the Xcell center and Dr. Todd has a laser that helps guide the stem cells to a specific area. I few months ago I emailed Dr. Todd and he thought in about 6 months or so they were going to start some clinical trials using the laser treatment following the stem cell treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by richwelsh63
    I'm thinking about going for another treatment but I was waiting for the approval of the laser treatment following the stem cell treatment. I know that Dr. Todd Ovokaitys, from California is working with the Xcell center and Dr. Todd has a laser that helps guide the stem cells to a specific area. I few months ago I emailed Dr. Todd and he thought in about 6 months or so they were going to start some clinical trials using the laser treatment following the stem cell treatment.
    hey i just read an article about you. pretty cool stuff. I have a couple of questions....

-when you say you've gained sexual return. does that mean it also feels normal again?

-have you gained any motor skills or bowel and bladder?

-will Dr. Todd be working from california or germany?

Progress after Adult Stem Cell Therapy

Progress after Adult Stem Cell Therapy Offers New Hope to Iowa Spinal Cord Injury Patient
    Rich Welsh, a 28 year-old insurance agent from Klemme, Iowa who suffered a spinal cord injury after an automobile accident in 1999, is now on the road to recovery after stem cell therapy in Cologne, Germany.
    Cologne, Germany (PRWEB) February 7, 2008 -- Rich Welsh, a 28 year-old insurance agent from Klemme, Iowa who suffered a spinal cord injury after an automobile accident in 1999, is now on the road to recovery after stem cell therapy in Cologne, Germany.
    Mr. Welsh became a C-5 quadriplegic after his unfortunate accident. Since then, he has received adult stem cell therapy twice; the latest time in mid-2007. Following these treatments, Mr. Welsh can now feel hot and cold sensations in his stomach and his muscle spasms have decreased significantly. He has also regained the ability to sweat. However, his most notable gain has occurred since his second treatment - return of sexual function. "Since that treatment I have started regaining my sexual function. No more blue pill," joked Welsh. When asked what advice he would give to those considering this treatment, Mr. Welsh replied, "If you happen to come across the chance of having autologous stem cell therapy that may improve your quality of life - do not let it pass you by."
    Since that treatment I have started regaining my sexual function. No more blue pill The spinal cord injury treatment at XCell-Center employs (autologous) stem cells that come from the patient's own bone marrow. After the stem cells are separated from the bone marrow, they are implanted into the spinal canal under local anesthesia. This procedure is very safe and takes about 30 minutes.
    About the XCell-Center
    The XCell-Center is the first privately-owned center in Europe to specialize in regenerative medicine using autologous bone marrow adult stem cell therapy. Newly completed in early 2007, the XCell-Center is a fully licensed clinic featuring the latest medical equipment and technology. Its specialized medical team of German physicians includes: neurologists, endocrinologists, cardiologists, radiologists, hematologists, and pharmacologists. The XCell-Center works in accordance with German law and European guidelines.
    The XCell-Center currently treats Diabetes and its complications (Erectile Dysfunction and Peripheral Artery Disease), Stroke, Spinal Cord Injuries, Ischemic Heart Disease and degenerative diseases such as Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's and Alzheimer's.
    The XCell-Center has submitted its SCIDIM I and II trials to its investigational review board. In these trials, diabetes (type I and II) patients are being treated with their own stem cells and compared with a control group receiving traditional therapy. The findings will be presented at different international scientific meetings. Also later this year, another clinical trial for stroke patients will commence. These trials are only open to German residents.
    For more information on Stem Cell Therapy:
    XCell-Center Website: http://www.xcell-center.com
    XCell-Center GmbH
    at the Institute for Regenerative Medicine
    Custodisstrasse 3-17
    Cologne, Germany 50679
    Phone: 1-866-680-8202 (USA Toll-Free)
    (+49) 0221-802-5095 (Germany)
    Fax: (+49) 0221-2921-2550 (Germany)
    1-713-583-9322 (USA)