Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Push Rims

Push Rims

It's time to order a new set of push rims but I'm debating on what to get. I'm using the foam coated now but they fall to pieces everytime I bump something. I was told about some called Push Black but I've never tried them. Have any of you experienced them? Here's the website. www.pushblack.com
    John-B

I was wondering about these, too...
    "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

i have dual grip rims. i started with dipped vinyl coating, then slip-on rubber covers, then foam pipe insulation, then bare aluminium, then the dual grips. i really like them. the upper surface is slightly flattened and coated with a rubber strip, but underneath its smooth, so i get grip and dont burn holes in my hands trying to slow down off ramps! i dont push with my hands in exactly the same place each time either, but can push off the rubber with my palms or heel of my hand, or whathever. a few times going down ramps in the rain, ive had to grab the rubber to stay in control (hot hot hot) and its worked ok. i have 2 sets - a black pair on spinergy lx and a silver pair on decon spiders. the black ones have a few scratches on the adonised parts after a few months, but neither have any dings in the rubber.

Natural Fit Rims

Recently, a vendor suggested I consider "Natural Fit" rims. This was a phone conversation. I have no impairment in my upper body. I don't like vinyl coated rims. I often push holding both tire and rim when I need extra power.

Anybody have any feedback on "Natural Fit" for paras?
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old
    Recently, a vendor suggested I consider "Natural Fit" rims. This was a phone conversation. I have no impairment in my upper body. I don't like vinyl coated rims. I often push holding both tire and rim when I need extra power.

heres some.....rims an all for cheap on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wheelchair-Wheel...QQcmdZViewItem

Quote Originally Posted by rollin64
    heres some.....rims an all for cheap on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wheelchair-Wheel...QQcmdZViewItem
    Thanks for the link. Anybody pushing these?
    Foolish

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

Push Black makes rims that are pretty popular on rugby chairs for quads. The rubber is much tackier than the shiny black vinyl rims. Also, they can withstand rugby hits, so they will not fall apart. They do feel like they might burn your hands if you go down hills with no gloves, but i suppose foam will do that too.

I have them and they are much easier on my wrists than a regular rim.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck_Nastier
    I have them and they are much easier on my wrists than a regular rim.
    Do they add width to the chair? Weight?

Are they available w/o coating?
    Foolish

Thanks for the link. Anybody pushing these?
    FO-
    I used these on my old chair, LOVED them, would be using them on this chair if they made them for 26" wheels...I had to make a choice over what I wanted more, natural fits or 26" wheels...I designed my chair 'round 26's...so they obviously won out...If/when they get around to making them in 26's, I would get them in a heartbeat...I'm sick of catching my fingers in my spokes and stpooing on my tires again...
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......