Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Master's School funding ..scholorships ...?

  1. #11
    Liz & Aly,

    How did you get them to pay for anything...? How did you convince them that MA school was a necessary expense, and since I won't require room/board since we will have to comute, and I don't require PCA care, but could use the help for books at least how do I get them to understand ?

    So frustrating...I'll start the calls again tommorow and see if they'll even meet with me.


  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Check this thread I found the link to the ELA a while back, although I don;t know anything about it. The ELA provides scholarships for disabled women specifically going for a graduate degree.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

  3. #13
    i received an ELA scholarship during my grad school; it's a fairly easy application and the award is $1000-2000. i'd say go for it.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous

  4. #14
    Thanks Sjean & starlight Angel. I definately will check out ELA--I'll e-mail them since i'm not enrolled in graduate school yet --not till fall, it looks like they don't give schlorships until you've been in school for a semester or so. Hopefully they'll give me an answer but definately worth the try. Thanks Again

  5. #15
    repeat the mantra over an over In order to be substantially employed I require a MA. Show them that your professional peers need MA's as well.

    I needed...van conversions, a bathroom redo PCA help (in college not at home) in order to be substantially employed
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

    I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

  6. #16
    Senior Member rdf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Someplace between Nowhere and Goodbye
    I had a friend in California who got it paid by VR. He went to school after getting injured. He didn't even have a high school diploma when he started.

    Anyway, VR paid not only for his bachelors, but for his masters, also. His major concentration is social service work. I believe he was recently hired by a community college as their disabled resources counselor.

    I think it depends on what field you're in. For him, they figured with just a BA he wouldn't be able to find much work.

    Just a guess.
    Please donate a dollar a day at
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.


Similar Threads

  1. Not accessible school
    By woman from Europe in forum Life
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-06-2004, 06:58 PM
  2. AIDS Popularity Leads to Unfair Disease Funding
    By Norm in forum Funding, Legislation, & Advocacy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-25-2003, 04:39 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-30-2002, 11:20 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-16-2002, 11:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts