Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Master's School funding ..scholorships ...?

Liz & Aly,

How did you get them to pay for anything...? How did you convince them that MA school was a necessary expense, and since I won't require room/board since we will have to comute, and I don't require PCA care, but could use the help for books at least how do I get them to understand ?

So frustrating...I'll start the calls again tommorow and see if they'll even meet with me.

Thanks

Check this thread I found the link to the ELA a while back, although I don;t know anything about it. The ELA provides scholarships for disabled women specifically going for a graduate degree.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

i received an ELA scholarship during my grad school; it's a fairly easy application and the award is $1000-2000. i'd say go for it.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world...is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Almost Famous

Thanks Sjean & starlight Angel. I definately will check out ELA--I'll e-mail them since i'm not enrolled in graduate school yet --not till fall, it looks like they don't give schlorships until you've been in school for a semester or so. Hopefully they'll give me an answer but definately worth the try. Thanks Again

repeat the mantra over an over In order to be substantially employed I require a MA. Show them that your professional peers need MA's as well.

I needed...van conversions, a bathroom redo PCA help (in college not at home) in order to be substantially employed
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

I had a friend in California who got it paid by VR. He went to school after getting injured. He didn't even have a high school diploma when he started.

Anyway, VR paid not only for his bachelors, but for his masters, also. His major concentration is social service work. I believe he was recently hired by a community college as their disabled resources counselor.

I think it depends on what field you're in. For him, they figured with just a BA he wouldn't be able to find much work.

Just a guess.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!