Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quad gloves

Quad gloves

I wore through my old ones and was looking for a new pair. I came across 'Gloves for Life' with the following description:

My son, a C5-C6 quadriplegic for 9 years, and I, his mother, through trial and error have perfected these quadriplegic push wheelchair custom suede gloves with rubber palm inserts. These quad push wheelchair gloves allow him to roll 3-6 miles daily, up and down hills as well as on flat terrain. The rubber palms are applied to the plastic rim of the wheelchair and propel as well as brake as necessary. The rubber pads also prevent heat and friction, and protect the skin and nerves of the palms. Not only do these quad push gloves afford him great pleasure, but exercising has improved his cardiovascular health, his skin remains healthy, his lungs remain strong and clear and his bladder functions normally. His upper body is strong--all important concerns to a person in a wheelchair.

When the rubber palms deteriorate from wear, I can replace worn suede and replace rubber palms 7-10 times and the gloves are once again functional, a huge savings to buyers. Along with their strength and durability, these unique gloves are aesthetically pleasing. They are also great for transferring. To clean, toss in washer/dryer with other clothing.

My goal is to try to improve the quality of life of persons with disabilities. Send an email if you have any questions.
    How cute is that... "I, his mother..." So what the heck, I dropped in and ordered them. They arrived and are great. For $50 and $15 for a full repair/rebuild I'd highly recommend them. Check out grandmas website
    http://www.glovesforlife.com/content.html hope you have good eyes

i have a pair, there awesome. mine came with a lifetime warranty. I ordered mine threw this #,800-634-4351. they cost $54.95

Quote Originally Posted by alpentalic
    I wore through my old ones and was looking for a new pair. I came across 'Gloves for Life' with the following description:

How cute is that... "I, his mother..." So what the heck, I dropped in and ordered them. They arrived and are great. For $50 and $15 for a full repair/rebuild I'd highly recommend them. Check out grandmas website
    http://www.glovesforlife.com/content.html hope you have good eyes
    i ordered a pair off ebay awhile back. they are pretty good. i just hate they don't have a D-ring to pull em tight with. i hate usin my teeth. also like the different colors instead of blak....

Agreed on the D-ring, she pitches it as a bonus that it doesn't come with one.

i have a pair, they're decent but i want covered wrists

Update: I recommended these right out of the box, my mistake. Two weeks later, I revise my critique...they are really close to suckin'. The rubber is really soft, okay for pushing but terrible for braking. The palms are already wearing out. Quad gloves? Rollin64 said it best. No "D" ring is a pain in the arse and using your teeth to tighten the straps gets old.
    IMO, Gloves for Life are no bueno. I am at the drawing board with a mountaineering company I'm affiliated with to design a technical glove, I'll keep you posted...

Quote Originally Posted by alpentalic
    Update: I recommended these right out of the box, my mistake. Two weeks later, I revise my critique...they are really close to suckin'. The rubber is really soft, okay for pushing but terrible for braking. The palms are already wearing out. Quad gloves? Rollin64 said it best. No "D" ring is a pain in the arse and using your teeth to tighten the straps gets old.
    IMO, Gloves for Life are no bueno. I am at the drawing board with a mountaineering company I'm affiliated with to design a technical glove, I'll keep you posted...
    lol...huntin gloves for us quads is a real bitch i know. i haven't used my pair much, i switch around tryin not to wear out these last 2 pair of rolli-moden gloves i have.

i dunno if they all could do it but....

i went to see if my local upholstery shop would sew some new velcro on a pair of gloves i had a long time ago. he told me if i'd bring the gloves back to him when they wore out he could use the pattern and make me a new pair off that. i never went back though.

ya know sportaid has their own brand now for 29.97. they look just like the push ease though, if they are then they're crappy.

http://secure.srginc.biz/product.php...699&mode=build

Iget these from Sammon Preston. $50.00. They last about 3 months or so. They have a D-ring also.

Very stylish colors for ladies

I just ordered some gloves from Ms. Emma too at www.glovesforlife.com. The website may not say it, but she now has three sizes, plenty of great colors and D rings. Free shipping if you buy 2 pairs.

I had those dycem gloves. they were too big and wore holes in the tops of my wrists. now my arm hair is black in those spots!

In my opinion, these gloves rock.
    Rose
    http://www.myspace.com/roseoremus
    C6/C7 Complete, Asia A, since March 31, 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by jon 0
    i have a pair, they're decent but i want covered wrists
    Does anyone recommend a pair of quad gloves some wrist support? I ordered and tried the ones out from sportaid.. not very impressive or very sticky. Some of the weight lifting/lineman sporting good gloves may work if I can get a tailor to cut off the fingers.

Thoughts?