Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Growing my hair out

Growing my hair out

THIS SUCKS. I'm at that super annoying, have to wear a headband and look like an 8th grader stage. Since we're going to the rally though, I am thinking of abandoning this attempt so I can look presentable.

This is officially a fluff post.
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

This is a nice picture of you. It makes me smile every time I see it.

Growing out hair is a pain in the ass. Big time.

RESIST! If you're trying to grow it out there will always be some reason why the "tween" stage is inconvenient. Talk to your hairdresser and see fi they can help with something stylish as it grows. BTW, I think you look great!
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

That's how I looked before I started growing this mop out, lol!!

Hmmmm. Photo in my avatar was taken in January, now it's April. Pain. Agony.

Resist??? Give me strength Jen!!
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Ami, I concur with Jen. Your hair looked great last year.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

come on Ami! I grew mine out! You can too.

Not only did I grow it out but :gasp: no color! Just plain natural hair. In all it's 10" glory LOL. As soon as this leg lets me, I'm going for a cut and color YEA!
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

I must agree with Jen. You can do it. It took me two years to grow back the hair I chopped off just after I got injured. It was a lot easier to take care of short.

I know all to well what you're going through. I've succumbed to the between stage in the past...only to wish I hadn't.

You might try some vitamins. GNC has a hair skin and nails vitamin. I've been taking it for a few months...I think its sped up the hair growing process just a little, and improved quality too. Not to mention my nails look much better too.

Barrettes might be an option too. I don't know if that might make you feel like an 8th grader too, though.

Best of luck!

Jennifer

Barrettes = 6th grade.

Hang in there, I've given in before and regretted it too, you just have to get past it.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Don't do it!

Ami hang in there.
    I've never had the guts to cut mine off except when they cut it in the hospital. So I've never really had to go through the grow out stage for too long. However, my mom had kept her's short since my brother was born ( went from stick straight hair down to her butt to hair that was about 3 or 4 inches long and permed.) Finally, 23 years later my sister got her convinced to grow it out. Its now down to her shoulders and long enough to do something with.
    Moral of the story: If my mom can do it anyone can.
    Now that I've bored you with my story I hope that you keep growing it out and I agree with Bonita that hair and nail vitamins will help it grow faster. So will eating alot of protein. If you can't find any hair and nail vitamins you can take you could look at the prenatal vitamins. They will have the same effect.
    Good Luck !!!! and have fun at the rally!
    ~Kristi
    T7 MVA 9/12/04

Life is just a collection of memories. - C.W. McCall Aurora Borealis

Quote Originally Posted by 68cougar
    If you can't find any hair and nail vitamins you can take you could look at the prenatal vitamins.
    Think of the fun you can with people in the aisle at the store!
    T7-8 since Feb 2005