Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How's WM?

How's WM?

Has anybody talked to or heard from WM? I wonder how she's doing, and how her husband is.

That ... is ... a great... question Shelley ....... CeeCee .. you out there ..... quit hoggin' the pipe for gods sake .... its time to pass .. time to pass ....... a nod will do !!!!!

Obieone
    Last edited by Obieone; 04-04-2007 at 10:21 AM.
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

I was thinking the same thing the other day. ....
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Yep, it's been awhile since I seen any post.
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

Smile

I feel like a real shit for not updating sooner, and for not keeping up well with what has been going on with others, but I have been so overwhelmed that I have pretty much lost contact with the entire world. I do check PM's from time to time though, even if I haven't been "out here", and someone told me I'd been asked about and after I got over being flattered thought I'd better get my butt out here.

He is recovering but it's not been the "couple of weeks" that the hospital lead me to believe. It's been almost four months and he's still not "well". His neurologist (not affiliated with the crappy hospital he was in) says "3 months to 2 years" for max recovery. Like I've said before, she DOES think he is going to recover. I just never dreamed, having never been through this before, that it would take this long. He's had some other things go on too that have, I think, affected his recovery. UTI, AD problems, increased pain, bad reactions to medications, and the seizures he was already being treated for before the wreck, got worse. Plus the fact that I had to go back to work and because he was weak and in pain and his balance was affected, he is pretty much bedridden, alone all day, with a TBI and of course, the SCI he already had. Just recently he has been able to get around some on his own without falling, but that is a recent thing. Leaving him alone was not something I wanted to do and it makes me sick that I did/do it, but I had no choice. We have to pay our bills and I have to work a certain amount to keep his insurance in place. I lost my brother-in-law sitter that I'd told you about after only a few weeks due to his own health issues. So, we've just been doing the best we can as we had no one else to help us. I couldn't afford to pay someone to stay with him. I know him, and he'd be worse off in a day program than home alone. So, that's the way it is.

Anyway, that's where we are now. He's getting better, but it's been hard and it's been hell for both of us. It's better for me now, because he is some better and has some good days now, but it's still hard to try to work full time and take care of someone the rest of the time and take care of everything else too. That's life. We are just blessed that it was not worse than it was.

I now GET how difficult TBI is. I can't describe it because I'm still overwhelmed by it, but I get it. I am just thankful that he is going to be okay in the end. Even if he ends up with some memory problems, etc., I think he will be okay as far as personality and intellect. For a while, I didn't even know who he would be from moment to moment, so to have that period pass is a blessing in in itself. And he always knows who I am now. That's never an issue anymore. For a while, that was a problem. Sometimes he even thought I was a little man. It's been a scary time. But getting better and I appreciate you for caring.

I'm so behind there is no way I can catch up. Just know that I love you all and I think the world of all of you. Thanks again!
    "I just want you to know, it was the best time ever." J.F.F.

My stepbrother once stepped in front of a cab in London, and put his head through the windshield. The changes in him were shocking, and dramatic. In the long run they were temporary but it took long enough to have us wondering.

He was stubborn OMG. Mean to his mother. Couldn't remember things, wouldn't admit he couldn't remember, and mad at whoever might point it out.

I walked on eggshells around Shelby and I was one of the ones he deigned to be nice to.

I hope this resolves itself for you and yours soon, WM. What an awful thing. I completely understand about you going back to work-you gotta do what you gotta do. Best best wishes.

I am so glad you updated...I have been thinking of you. I got my daughter her first set of corelle....got to pass on the traditions...LOL

You have been in my thoughts and I hope things settle soon. Hopefully your hubby will heal soon. I miss ya on the boards..
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Wow.It must be rough.We will pray for a speedy recovery.Hope you can get some good luck for a change.Take care.
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

Hi WM

I'm glad you could take some time to let us know how you've been. Sounds like it's been very rough. Hopefully improving a little bit.

Nothing like the guilt of having to go to work and leave someone at home that you love and worry about ~ oh the joys.

You're missed here, and we hope you can come back soon and join in the "fun".

Take care, I hope things get a little easier for you.

Hi WM,

I am saddened to read your post. I understand all too well what it means to care for a spouse with a TBI. Although our situation is somewhat different, anger is not one of his manifestations, I would like you to know that I am available if you need a shoulder or an ear.

Best to you and yours.

Jennifer
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.