Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Advise for dragon naturally speaking

Quote Originally Posted by petros5a
    hello
    can i combine head mouse and dragon naturally speaking?
    Although I don't foresee any compatibility issues, if your voice output is strong enough to use DNS, a head mouse will probably be unecessary since you can use either MouseGrid or DNS mouse commands to control the cursor more easily than with a head mouse. I do not contemplate getting a head mouse for the veterans I work with unless they are on a ventilator and can not reliably use their voice.

Quote Originally Posted by jbinny
    9.5??? is that considered a patch or is it a whole new bundle??? vocational rehab just bought me a brand-new laptop for school and I'm having a hell of a time with it because I can't use my 9.0 with Vista.
    If you already have 9.0, I don't think there is a charge for 9.5 for Vista
    if you go to Nuance and are a registered owner.
    Bob B
    SCI - Parent

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR
    Although I don't foresee any compatibility issues, if your voice output is strong enough to use DNS, a head mouse will probably be unecessary since you can use either MouseGrid or DNS mouse commands to control the cursor more easily than with a head mouse. I do not contemplate getting a head mouse for the veterans I work with unless they are on a ventilator and can not reliably use their voice.
    I have to respectfully disagree with you. I used MouseGrid and mouse commands for about a year before I was able to use a mouse. The DNS commands are a lot slower than using some kind of pointing device. I don't see any reason that a head mouse would not be compatible with DNS. I'm not sure how a head mouse would implement a mouse click, but you could just use the mouseclick or mouse double-click command in DNS.

Quote Originally Posted by nide44
    If you already have 9.0, I don't think there is a charge for 9.5 for Vista
    if you go to Nuance and are a registered owner.
    Bob, you are correct! However, Nuance will provide you with a new CD for $9.95. I would recommend reading the thread in the Voice Recognition Forum and the KnowBrainer Forum for more information on the DNS 9.5 update.

I'm a C4-5 quad and I use this...

Quote Originally Posted by petros5a
    Hello I am C4-5 and I can use my PC only by my head (speaking ).
    I m looking for the best program to control my PC by my own like write,open my internet explorer,open my outlook express etc.

I use a mouth stick and Kensinton trackball. Use the mouthsick to move the ball and mouse clicks.

James

Brian S -
    I have no problem with MouseGrid speed. Fast as I say "MouseGrid 321" for example, the pointer is there. Background noise interferes of course and CPU + page file usage and all that too.

I do have a problem with DNS 9 professional shutting down Outlook Express when I try using HTML, inserting images, etc.. Anybody else? SCI-OTR, Steve?
    Thanks In Advance.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by quadvet

I do have a problem with DNS 9 professional shutting down Outlook Express when I try using HTML, inserting images, etc.. Anybody else? SCI-OTR, Steve?
    Thanks In Advance.

Matt
    I was getting this problem with DNS 9 Pro too whenever I used the insert menu on Outlook Express. I could not find a fix anywhere, or at least not one that would work. I solved the problem by installing the full version of Outlook and using that if something needed to be inserted. It doesn't work one hundred percent of the time and will still occasionally crash but not as frequently as Outlook Express.

I am having a problem with Dragon 8. Whenever I use the open shortcuts demand, `I'm trying to open up Internet Explorer or any other shortcuts in my start menu or desktop except for like any of the Windows Explorer, my documents, my pictures, etc. etc. but any other link it will not open . It gives me a cannot execute application
    anybody else ever had this problem?
    Cripp

Cool Dragon naturally speaking 9.5

Quote Originally Posted by PN
    Hello jbinny,

You will need to head over to Nuance for the DNS Preferred 9.5 update for Windows Vista.
    I use Dragon naturally speaking 9.0/9.5 (upgrade), I have a lot of trouble with it since I have upgraded from 8.0. Do you know if anybody else is having trouble with their 9.0/9.5? E.g. poor voice recognition, will not select some menus, etc. etc.

Thumbs up OJ, a very belated thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by quadvet
    I do have a problem with DNS 9 professional shutting down Outlook Express when I try using HTML, inserting images, etc.. Anybody else?
    Thanks In Advance.
    Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by orangejello
    I was getting this problem with DNS 9 Pro too whenever I used the insert menu on Outlook Express. I could not find a fix anywhere, or at least not one that would work. I solved the problem by installing the full version of Outlook and using that if something needed to be inserted. It doesn't work one hundred percent of the time and will still occasionally crash but not as frequently as Outlook Express.
    OJ, not sure how I missed this, I don't remember getting an e-mail notice. Anyway, thanks, I reckon it's time I install the full version of Outlook. A very belated thank you, hurry back and get it.
    Matt