Thread: Apple Ipod Classic vs Itouch

Apple Ipod Classic vs Itouch

I am think on getting an Apple device. I am not sure to go with the Apple Ipod Classic 160GB or the Apple Itouch 32GB. I need some education on the pros and cons of them. This my first type of mp3 player video device I am purchasing.

For anyone who has one of these products what are your pros and cons about them? Or suggestion on another brand product?

Thanks,
    titanium4motion

Itouch isn't an mp3 player. It's a moble media device.

It plays mp3's, videos, searches the web via wifi. and all that jazz.

The classic plays mp3's thats it.

The Ipod touch is the thing to buy, you can do so much more.
    Dave
    C5/C6 complete
    http://www.davegrotzinger.com
    http://www.daves-webdesign.com

"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me guaranteed..." - Eddie Vedder

Quote Originally Posted by Patonb
    The classic plays mp3's thats it.
    Actually, the Classic plays mp3's (music), movies and video, pictures (jpg), syncs with iCal (calendar) if you have a Mac, etc. It doesn't have the wifi or Safari (web browser) like the iPod Touch, and the screen isn't as big, but the Touch only comes in 8GB, 16GB AND 32GB models while the Classic comes in 80GB and 160GB models. The Classic can also be used as an external hard drive (at the same time it's used for music & media) and I'm not sure that the Touch can.

I have the Classic, and while the Touch is very cool, its storage limitations are a big drawback for what I wanted. I love my Classic, and the videos and movies I have on it look very good (bpth from iTunes [music videos] and ripped from DVD). Sound is great for music and video/movies.

I love my Iphone, the capacity is a drawback but as long as you update it every few days it holds plenty.
    Dave
    C5/C6 complete
    http://www.davegrotzinger.com
    http://www.daves-webdesign.com

"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me guaranteed..." - Eddie Vedder

Quote Originally Posted by dgrotz
    I love my Iphone, the capacity is a drawback but as long as you update it every few days it holds plenty.
    I figured, if I was going to get an iPod Touch, I may as well spend extra for an iPhone, since it seems the iPod Touch is just an iPhone without the phone part. An iPhone would be cool. I'm cool with my iPod Classic for now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion
    Actually, the Classic plays mp3's (music), movies and video, pictures (jpg), syncs with iCal (calendar) if you have a Mac, etc. It doesn't have the wifi or Safari (web browser) like the iPod Touch, and the screen isn't as big, but the Touch only comes in 8GB, 16GB AND 32GB models while the Classic comes in 80GB and 160GB models. The Classic can also be used as an external hard drive (at the same time it's used for music & media) and I'm not sure that the Touch can.

I have the Classic, and while the Touch is very cool, its storage limitations are a big drawback for what I wanted. I love my Classic, and the videos and movies I have on it look very good (bpth from iTunes [music videos] and ripped from DVD). Sound is great for music and video/movies.
    Shows how long it's been since i looked at ipods

IPod touch you can do a lot of things with it. There is a special hack for it where you can install any type of messenger programs and many games. I'm thinking to getting one myself as well.

I have the Iphone, which is basically a step up from the Itouch (cuz its a phone) I wish I had more storage on it, but I think right now I have about 6gb in it. Which is about 1400 songs. Don't have any movies or videos. But I really don't have a reason to watch em on my phone. I use the iPod every once in awhile. But the best thing is the Safari Web browser, google maps, and the YouTube. I would get some "mods" or hacks for it, but I cracked the screen the 2nd day I had it..(go figure) fell off my lap onto my footplate... So I want to be able to turn it in for warrenty if I crack it more or whatever, and the mods supposedly void your warrenty...
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

I would go with the Ipod touch. I had the video one before the touch. And the limited capacity the touch has isnt a big deal to me. I only have about 900 songs on there which is more than enough. I felt when having more songs on the ipod I would just skip past more and more songs that I didn't want to listen to. You can put videos on the classic and touch. However if you have a wireless internet connection then you can just go on youtube and find the video of what you want to see. This way you don't have to waste your memory on storing videos when you have youtube at your finger tips. Hope this answers your question...