Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Advise for dragon naturally speaking

Quote Originally Posted by quadvet
    Can somebody explain the use of macros please? I am trying to make a case to the VA as to why I need DNS Professional versus my current Preferred version. I saw the list of differences at the nuance website but don't completely understand them. Any help greatly appreciated.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Paul, I know about that, but haven't been able to figure out how to do it on my DNS 9.0 Preferred.

Hi Matt:

I don't think you can (source) create macros using DNS 9.0 Preferred.

With Web 2.0, I thought I would be able to find an instructional video on voice recognition, and how to create macros. The closest I got was David Pogue, but what he demonstrated could also be accomplished by using the Vocabulary Editor.

I thought Liz and Lewis started to do a good explanation about macros. I also liked what Lewis did with the screenshots along with the instructions/explanations. This to me looks like a better way to provide you with an instructional tutorial.

I think at one time you needed to make a case to the VA about having them pay for DNS 9.5 Pro, instead of DNS 9.5 Preferred. I have spent a lot of time (not recently) at the Long Beach VA, but I am not too familiar with their method for getting you the equipment that you are requesting. I know with the school system in California, including college, you have to go through a lot of hoops to get computers, software, if you have a learning disability. I was asked by my sister who is a teacher to help with getting a laptop along with Dragon for a student with special needs. A case had to be built for this equipment, which I was not a part of, but I did recommend three different bids for laptops, along with requesting DNS 9.5 Pro. Everything was honored but the student ended up with DNS 9.5 Preferred.

Maybe one of our members will chime in with an explanation on how to create macros.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

I do not have any experience with preferred but you cannot create macros. Take a look at the feature comparisons between professional and preferred, might be helpful in creating a case for professional.
    C5 injury with partial C6 function on left.

Hi Paul and Lewis, thanks for this, sorry for my delayed response. Got 9.0 Professional in the works, just takes time, hopefully.

Matt:

Keep us posted, and good luck.
    --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Will do Paul, thanks, Matt.

In the meantime .........you can create Macros in Word. I have found this helpful.