Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best non-roho pressure cushion?

Best non-roho pressure cushion?

The Jay 2 gel deep contour doesn't treat my ischil (sp) area proper.

Is there a supracore, varalite or invacare that will have additional "sweet spot"
    for thighs AND cheeks?
    And the truth shall set you free.

T4M mentioned the Otto Bock cushion ... I'd like to try it. Just a thought.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Hmmm so is the cloiud the best they offer??

This is a new style Roho, with reduced cell height in the problem pressure areas. I haven't had rhe opportunity to try it out. I know you asked for a non-roho. Just thought I'd throw this out there to see if anyone has personal experience with this style.

http://www.therohogroup.com/medical/contour.jsp

For any interested, here is the Otto Bock

http://www.cplqld.org.au/ets/wheelch...ions/basicline
    Last edited by chasb; 03-31-2007 at 07:45 PM.

IMO, the best non-Roho cushion for pressure relief is the J2 Deep Contour. If you think your ischial areas are bottoming, you may wish to consider a replacement fluid pad with a "single fluid overfill" which gives you more gel.

The Cloud doesn't seem too bad, but I don't know enough people using them and have never pressure mapped one.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR
    IMO, the best non-Roho cushion for pressure relief is the J2 Deep Contour. If you think your ischial areas are bottoming, you may wish to consider a replacement fluid pad with a "single fluid overfill" which gives you more gel.

The Cloud doesn't seem too bad, but I don't know enough people using them and have never pressure mapped one.
    its new though..

Otto Bock Rehab The Cloud featuring Floam

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer
    T4M mentioned the Otto Bock cushion ... I'd like to try it. Just a thought.
    This cushion is something else. Something pretty good must come out on the market before I make a change. I am post 20 years now with zero pressure sores anywhere. With the two posting this week of pressure sores. A pressure sore is nothing to mess with. The last place I want one is on my tail or hip bones. The manufacturer is Otto Bock Rehab, USA 1-800-328-4058, Canada 1-800-665-3327. This is a German company and they make seating products.

http://www.ottobockus.com/products/r...ions_cloud.asp

I sit on an Otto Bock The Cloud featuring Floam. It has a flat stocking that holds 16 jell balls or I call them 16 jelly donuts. Four of them are at the rear which are made of thicker density for the tail and hip bones and the twelve outer ones are less dense. Each donut fits into a sock holder. All sixteen fit four by four. The donuts are color coded incase one does rupture. I never had one break open. I have had many Jay cushions rupture in my early days. This cushion is very low maintenance. I change the cover once a month for washing and cleaning.

Attached is a picture from their website. I give credit to Otto Bock Rehab for their picture.

The only draw back of this cushion is it's weight. It weighs about 12 pounds but most jell cushions are plus ten pounds. But or butt it works!

Check it out?

titanium4motion

That's good enough for me.

Plus, you don't look like you have much natural padding anywhere! So if it protects your boney points, all the better.

J.

i've seen a few ottobock's on ebay from time to time and have checked the website and considered em. but DAMN..... 12 pounds????? thats a lotta weight for a quad to try an handle. guess it'd be worth it for pressure relief.

how thick are these and cost
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer