Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3.5 month progress pictures

3.5 month progress pictures

Hey fellow gym rats. I finally got my ass in gear over winter break and I've done about 3 and a half months of serious lifting so I feel like showing my progress. In December I was about 173lbs, arms 17, waist 34.5, chest 44.5, bench was about 225x4, preacher curl was like 65x8 and I had not done any serious weight on back, shoulders, or triceps since my injury.

The two pictures below were taken today after Back/Bi's. I weighed in this morning at 170lbs so I lost 3 pounds of weight but as far as I can tell I put on some lean mass and my strength is almost to where it was pre injury. My arms are still about 17, waist is 33, chest 44, but I'm using 95x8 on the preacher curl, 238x8 on military press, 230x12 on triceps dip, 185x8 on upright rows, 276x6 on pulldown, and I finally made it back to the 300+ club on Wednesday night when I put up 320 on the incline press for 4 reps.

I think I'm about done with bulking for a while. I'm going to try to lose a bunch of fat by stepping up the tennis and cycling. Hopefully I don't lose more than a few pounds of muscle. Oh yeah, I started an FES trial 2 weeks ago so thats putting a lot of mass back on my legs, which you can kinda see from the last picture. If anyone knows of any T1-T11's in the Sacramento area that would like to participate in the study send me a PM; he can really use people. Ok, thanks for looking. It always helps motivate me when I can show off a little. I'll post some more pictures when I get my waist back under 30". PEace. MattBlan

Quote Originally Posted by mattblan
    Hey fellow gym rats. I finally got my ass in gear over winter break and I've done about 3 and a half months of serious lifting so I feel like showing my progress. In December I was about 173lbs, arms 17, waist 34.5, chest 44.5, bench was about 225x4, preacher curl was like 65x8 and I had not done any serious weight on back, shoulders, or triceps since my injury.

The two pictures below were taken today after Back/Bi's. I weighed in this morning at 170lbs so I lost 3 pounds of weight but as far as I can tell I put on some lean mass and my strength is almost to where it was pre injury. My arms are still about 17, waist is 33, chest 44, but I'm using 95x8 on the preacher curl, 238x8 on military press, 230x12 on triceps dip, 185x8 on upright rows, 276x6 on pulldown, and I finally made it back to the 300+ club on Wednesday night when I put up 320 on the incline press for 4 reps.

I think I'm about done with bulking for a while. I'm going to try to lose a bunch of fat by stepping up the tennis and cycling. Hopefully I don't lose more than a few pounds of muscle. Oh yeah, I started an FES trial 2 weeks ago so thats putting a lot of mass back on my legs, which you can kinda see from the last picture. If anyone knows of any T1-T11's in the Sacramento area that would like to participate in the study send me a PM; he can really use people. Ok, thanks for looking. It always helps motivate me when I can show off a little. I'll post some more pictures when I get my waist back under 30". PEace. MattBlan
    Sweet Bro, You just motivated me to get back in there and hit those Biceps!

Quote Originally Posted by mattblan
    If anyone knows of any T1-T11's in the Sacramento area that would like to participate in the study send me a PM; he can really use people. Ok, thanks for looking. MattBlan
    Asked him when they will be in the Phoenix Az, area. I'd love to do something like that!

Nice! You look really good there

Jesus ... even though I don't smoke, I need a cigarette ... pffft

You look terrific!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

hah Lynnifer just got laid via internets.

loooking good man! You low enough level to do crunches/sit ups? nice abs
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

Two thumbs up for you!

PS- why the messy cabinet or whatever?

Very nice, Matt. Are you coming to DC for W2W next month? Perhaps we can see in person?

hey Matt....good deal.

Do you have a list of your "regime"...me and the wife were gonna "start" weight training.....and to hear from someone who has had success would be great!!! Also, let me know if you have a "nutritional" regime.

I'm a T-8 (I noticed your a T-10)...so I'm thinking that it can be done!!!

thanks,

Kovy

Haha sorry about the mess kk. I don't get a chance to clean during the week because of school and I like to throw clothes in that entertainment center sometimes.

Jr. as far as I know, the guy doing the study is just doing his phd thesis and I don't think he has plans for another trial outside of Sacramento. I've been waiting like 5 years to try FES myself. You just have to bug your insurance to death and keep a sharp eye out for studies that are going on. The only reason I heard of this one was because someone from tennis emailed all of us so I kinda got lucky.

Coffee, thanks man. My abs aren't even close to yours though. I can do like half a crunch on my back, but I can use the upright ab machine where you have your arms above your head on light resistance. Other than that I just try to do the ab stim every night. I think it's about to catch fire though; I really need a new one.

Thanks Jen! You sure know how to make a guy feel good.

Susan, I'm still deciding on DC. If I don't join you guys you go after those reps/senators for me.