Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Me first...thanks!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy
    For me working gives me a since of purpose....I have felt useless and down since not being able to work.
    Great and good luck, but there are useless jobs as well you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Leif
    Great and good luck, but there are useless jobs as well you know.
    Yep I know that too. My first job post-SCI, I got paid to answer the phones and read books (my own books brought from home). I didnt last long there. LOL They were afraid I might mess stuff up if they let me do too much...LOL
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Well I am thinking I jumped in over my head too quick... I told my manager that I had lots of appointments in this next two weeks as I was getting my new braces and follow up doctors appointments.

I am thinking I should have just made my start date next week. Last week I had the beginnings of a sore/blister from my new braces as well as a sore on my toe from the broken old brace slipping up/down in the shoe. I missed Thursday because I had to go back to Gainesville to have the brace heated and a ripple straightened. This week I had an appt at Sheps pain clinic yesterday and on Thursday at Sheps Center outpatient clinic. They couldnt schedule them on the same day.... I am stiff and my legs are hurting from being trapped in traffic four hours to get home....AtL traffic sucks.

My manager is okay with my doctors appointments but I feel like such a loser. I couldnt possibly sit all day today after getting in late last night and my legs hurting from not being able to get out of the truck in traffic....

Plus we saw a horrible accident and I had nightmares all night last night. This is not normal for me but it does happen occasionally...

Thanks for listening to me vent.....hopefully next week will be my first full week of work.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown