Thread: Medicare-something I just noticed

Medicare-something I just noticed

I have never selected a "package" or provider for medicare. I absolutely do not
    want ANY managed care plan and have made darn sure of it.

OK, so now on my statements, (which I've never noticed before) is Cigna Government. I never selected Cigna. Is this standard?
    Now, Cigna is sending me packets to fill out that I already gave to medicare about, when was your accident, do you have another carrier etc.
    All this shit I covered a year ago and even had an attorney handle the closing of the inquiry, file, whatever.

What gives? Have been placed in a pile I don't want to be in?
    And the truth shall set you free.

Medicare contracts with a number of large insurance companies to administer their Medicare claims. The companies used for this vary by the Medicare region. For example, in my part of CA, they are administered by Blue Cross/Blue Shield.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Medicare contracts with a number of large insurance companies to administer their Medicare claims. The companies used for this vary by the Medicare region. For example, in my part of CA, they are administered by Blue Cross/Blue Shield.

(KLD)
    Thanks KLD
    And the truth shall set you free.

What pile are youu speaking?I could change to blue/cross its just a name.
    "Independent from the rest of the sheep"

you can go to www.Medicare.gov and make sure what your plan is. You can also enter all of your meds and find the best Part D.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Do what Addiesue says and then look at the PPO's offered in your area. You don't need referrals, it is not an HMO and you don't need to pick a part D most of the time because it is included in the PPO plans.

From the medicare site you can look into the offerings of each plan and see what is the best fit for your budget. You can also look to see what docs take the plan. Most do, and there were no questionnaires sent looking for additional information. They cannot deny you coverage no matter your condition.

When I signed up for the BC/BS plan in my area it costs me 176 dollars a month in addition to the mandatory part A. That seems like a lot, but what were your out of pocket expenses last year? The rate is scheduled to be reduced some this next year without a reduction in benefits available so it will be less expensive.

It has DME with NO co-pay at all, and a 10 dollar doc visit co-pay. A lot of the features have no co-pay.

I used it for a surgery in June and it has more than paid for itself for me considering how much out of pocket I would be with just a regular plan and then part D to boot. Out of pocket expenses are nearly eliminated with this plan. I plan on getting a new chair this year and will have NO CO-PAY at all.

So do some accounting and see if a PPO like mine would be worth it to you to invest in.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Just got the notice today that the BC/BS Medicare PPO I subscribe to is lowering the premium by $50.00 for the next year. However my previously $0 co-pay for DME is increasing to a co-pay of 10%.

Gotta get that new wheelchair this year then. Better hurry, I guess.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess