Thread: Ab Lounger

Ab Lounger

Have any of you guys, especially those with lower injuries, tried this? I'm curious how well it worked for you, if at all.

I am probably sure that most of us here could not get on or off that thing.

http://www.fitnessquest.com/scripts/...l?item=3-ABL01
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Including me - My mom has one, I was thinking about trying it, but I can't figure out how to get ON the bloody thing without the power of levitation.

I haven't figured that one out yet.

About a year ago I couldn't remember the name of that damn thing, you struck a nerve, I asked about it in PT but, they didn't know what I was trying to describe. I have alot of return, and have been laying with my back on a foam block to stretch it like this stupid thing does. Now you have me thinking, I'd like to try it, but a better built one if I could, this seems to be where alot of my spasticity is, as well as tightness. As a last resort I'll go back to watching late night TV and have to find one.....Damn !!!!! Why couldn't I remember the name of that thing a year ago ???? OOPPSSS !!!!!!!! Daisy left a link !!!! Some one get the stretcher. Maybe i'll try it. I know my father will get a kick out of seeing me on it, hey it's worth a try.
    Last edited by alhavel; 03-29-2007 at 11:22 AM.

My son (C 6/7 incomplete) was talking about one the other day and said he tried one and really liked it. He said if you put it up next to a wall (stabilizing it ) it's easier to transfer into.

My mom has one she's going to loan me to try out. I can walk, sorta kinda, but uhm.. well. We'll see about getting into it. If I can figure out a way to do so from my chair easily, I'll film it. :P

I was hoping someone here had used it enough to judge if it worked well for them. My back is in pretty bad shape, and these days I've got more pain than I can handle half the time.

I need to do something and this is the current no-cost option.