Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ticket to work

Ticket to work

Has anybody used a "ticket to work" from the social security administration to go back to work?

I am wondering about this that I found while plundering the SS site....

http://www.aaatakecharge.com/index.html

If you find your own job, you will get the money the social security administration would pay an Employment Network to employ you. They will send you $270.00 a month for five years to go back to work and it doesnt matter how much income you have.

Has anyone used this?

My old job is open at the hospital I used to work at and I am going up to talk to them tomorrow. I will post more on this later...
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

DD, different states participate at different levels in Ticket to Work. NJ has a very strong program while MO has stripped it to barebones. You would need to look at your state website
    Every day I wake up is a good one

I just got off the phone with the WIC (work incentives coordinator) for my area in North Carolina. I had called the SS 1-800 number yesterday twice after being hung up on the first time.

Thanks Cheesecake!!

The information they gave me was incorrect. Imagine that??? Anyway, most of the laws changed in 2001 as did individual states ticket to work program.

If you are thinking about returning to work...do find the WIC for your area and call them. They have a manual that explains every aspect of Expedited Reinstatement and trial work periods.

I found out today that I will get another trial work period and extended period of eligibility..... This is wonderful news!!!!

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

how do you find a WIC? When I look here I come up with a food program for Women Infants and Children
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Here is the link to find your coordinator in Tennessee:
    http://www.yourtickettowork.org/offs...Directory.html

Here is the ticket to work site:
    http://www.yourtickettowork.com/self...rts%201-06.pdf

I am also sending you a PM

Ticket to Work? It might not be a Work Incentive!

Be very careful about TTW&WI it is supposed to be a good thing I am not to sure it is all it is cracked up to be. SGI (substantial gainful employment) based on 1960's income levels and benefit losses greater than income gains, only a politician could have dreamed up a SCAM.
    </IMG>

DAisy ...

Did you and up using this TakeCharge agency?
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

bump for Darkeyed daisy.

I have assigned my ticket to them.

But SSDI is still sending my direct deposits. I cant get them stopped.

Yep they have paid me five months past the end of my trial work period.

I will let yall know if I ever get the money from my ticket to work....that is if they ever stop my SSDI.

Any updates from anyone on this program? I am really interested and need feedback.