Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Percocet vs Oxycodone

street drug dealers and users try to get plain oxycodone, the higher the doseage the better. The abusers can't break down the med to seperate the tylenol out getting the intense high they crave. When prescribed w/out tylenol addicts are snorting, shooting and on the TV show Intervention an addict was melting the pill chasing it around with a lighter and foil mixed with crystal meth the new 'speed ball' way to die. I see down the line people needing them due to misuse. Yes, many will still abuse those with tylenol but they still aren't a 'street drug of choice'.
    PS Percocet and Endocet are the same. A Pharmacist won't change it if tylenol was on the origional. He/She can only give the generic of what's prescribed.

i have about 10 niceces and nephews in their twenties
    last year, when the dr gave me Percocets 500mg
    they just laughed, said the dose wasn't worth it, they could get better and cheaper off the streets
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Just to throw out another name, I'm using oxycocet. Which again is Oxycodone with acetaminophen.

Nurse KLD, I take 1.5 tablets per day and asked my doctor if I should worry about kidney/liver damage after reading your warning. He said no. Does that amount raise a red flag with you?

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    The purpose of the combination is to combine the effects of the narcotic and the Tylenol for a better pain relief effect. I just caution against frequent, routine use of Tylenol or NSAIDs with these drugs due to the harmful effect they can have on the kidneys and liver. They do often make the pain relief better though.

(KLD)

oxycodone and percocet

Quote Originally Posted by Van Quad View Post
    Just to throw out another name, I'm using oxycocet. Which again is Oxycodone with acetaminophen.

Nurse KLD, I take 1.5 tablets per day and asked my doctor if I should worry about kidney/liver damage after reading your warning. He said no. Does that amount raise a red flag with you?
    Hi my name is Tracy Strock. Im new to this web site so please bare with me!! Anyways , iv been on pain medicine since 1998.....so approximently 14yrs. I am now seeing a new Dr. Bcuz i moved. He has me on percocet 10/325 and also oxycodone 15mg. I honestly dont get any pain relief if i just take the oxycodone 15s but when taken with or inbetween my percocet doses makes all the difference in the world. I was taking more of my percocets and Dr. Said its too dangerous to take that much because of the anasitaminophen in the percocets so thats why he also perscribes me the oxycodone 15s. I do hav a serious question tho if anybody can please help me with??!! They drug/pee test me when i go to my appt. My question is , can i fail my piss tests if i only hav percocets in my system?? I mean are they able to tell if i hav both percs and oxycodones in my system?? I mean since theyr basicly the same drug minus the anacetaminophen in the percs?? Ok so i usually run out of my oxycodone 15s ALOT earlier then my next appointment so when i piss for them i only hav percocets in my system! So can i fail my test then??

Piss test for pain pills! Land of the free my ass!

Most pain clinics require random drug testing. It's to ensure you aren't combining street drugs with your pain meds, and also that you are actually taking your medication and not selling it. I have no problem giving a urine sample at any pain appts. I have a probem with drs afraid to properly treat chronic pain due to fear of the dea or being used by addicts. Take all the piss you want as long as I get my meds!

they can not tell with the urine test if you only take percocet and not the oxy without acetominophen. I've never heard of testing for an acetominophen level with the urine tests. However, I would be concerned about kidney and liver damage not the urine test. They are only prescribing so many percocet a day for a reason. If you take percocet when you are supposed to be taking the plain oxy you may put yourself into organ failure in the long run. If your pain regimine is not working as prescribed, you need to discuss this with your dr. You may need to change doses or type of medication. Your dr needs to know what you take both so you don't take too much and so there are no contraindications with other meds. If you are on high long term tylenol amounts, the dr may choose different drugs that are more liver friendly to combine with your current meds. This is for both short and longterm medication.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Oxycodone is a narcotic. It is not in a combination preparation. Here is the drug information. It usually comes in a 5 mg. tablet:

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic2/oxyco.htm

Percocet is a combination drug of 5 mg. oxycodone and 500 mg. acetominiphine (Tylenol):

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/oxyapap.htm

While the additional Tylenol may help the drug work a little better, it is also important to remember that prolonged, long term use of high doses of Tylenol can damage both your kidneys and liver. Depending on how much of this you take, you might actually be better off taking the plain oxycodone.

This is NOT the same drug, and the pharmacist should not have switched it without consulting with your physician. I would call them back (speak to a pharmacists, not a tech) and complain, and also discuss this with your physician. You may want to change pharmacies. It would also be important to see if your insurance coverage for drugs covers both of these medications.

(KLD)
    thanks so much kld for this information
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Get a script for Marinol, piss test passed.

Oxycodone is used for long duration rather than Percocet (Oxycodone + Get a script for Marinol, piss test passed.

Oxycodone is used for long duration rather than Percocet because acetaminophen is bad for your kidneys, e.g. H. Hughes died of liver failure from too much acetaminophen in the Tylenol 5 he abused.