Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to fix win xp installation?

I went through the Count Down to Windows Vista but I think they left out the Windows Easy Transfer Companion. I will start searching for the Belkin transfer cable (Certified for use with Windows Vista).

Thanks and good luck!
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Doh...

Quote Originally Posted by PN
    I went through the Count Down to Windows Vista but I think they left out the Windows Easy Transfer Companion. I will start searching for the Belkin transfer cable (Certified for use with Windows Vista).

Thanks and good luck!
    I should have included a link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...en&clcid=0x409

Again, remember it is a beta program.
    Bartski,
    San Francisco
    (Somebody wake me up!)

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."
    Dante

Doh Doh...

Sorry, I notice you did include links in your post. However, the the Belkin link shows the product at £29.99. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that about $60.00? I bought mine from Amazon.com for $29.98.
    Bartski,
    San Francisco
    (Somebody wake me up!)

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."
    Dante

Hi Bartski:

I contacted Office Depot and their price for the Belkin transfer cable is $50. It looks like I may be able to transfer programs (hoping) as well as files and data. Don't worry about the links. I did notice that it was beta.

The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com