Hi there - a while back I used some registry cleaning program (forgot which one) and I'm pretty sure I had it make some changes that have been causing Windows not to operate properly. Hard to describe the symptoms... computer will sometimes lock up for not apparent reason, internet explorer will often fail to launch when I double-click its icon. Then when I restart, it will wait several minutes and then give me the option to manually end Internet Explorer (via the 'end now' button). At times, programs like Word or Excel will not fully start up - they just hang - and I am not able to quit out of them... even through the task manager. The list goes on and on.

Anyway, I am wondering if there is a way to use my XP install disks to return everything to a good working state without having to do a clean install (I'd love not to have to reinstall ALL of my programs again).

Any insight?

PS - I run anti-virus and anti-malware software so no problems there. Plenty of free hard drive space (>100GB). Pleny of RAM (1.5GB). Running XP Pro SP2.