Thread: Work & Attendant care

Work & Attendant care

I am currently employed, and participate in MAWD in order to maintain assistance for my attendant care services through the waiver program. However, I am planning on working overtime for the foreseeable future, and will therefore no longer be eligible for this program. I will then be entering into Pa.'s Act-150 Program. Is anyone familiar with this? I'm curious what I can expect my costs to be.

I am in the act 150 program.

I know the fee is based on a sliding scale, but don't know how much I should expect to pay. I currently pay ~$70/month with the waiver program.

Ticket to Work allows you to earn 2.5 times the amount considered to be gainfully employed without losing Medicare or Medicaid funded PCA services. You can earn over 20k yrly. Once you earn more money than allowed for Medicare,you can buy into Medicaid for as little as $12 month.Contact SSA or DVR.

Medicaid varies by state. Make sure what you do is specific to your state/commonwealth or you could get big time screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMemChose
    Medicaid varies by state. Make sure what you do is specific to your state/commonwealth or you could get big time screwed.
    Ticket to Work is federal act and is designed to allow those with severe disabilities the opportunity to work without losing necessary support services. Stop looking for excuses not to work.

Quote Originally Posted by 611
    Ticket to Work allows you to earn 2.5 times the amount considered to be gainfully employed without losing Medicare or Medicaid funded PCA services. You can earn over 20k yrly. Once you earn more money than allowed for Medicare,you can buy into Medicaid for as little as $12 month.Contact SSA or DVR.
    Can't recall if you can be on Ticket to Work and Buy in at the same time. do u know?

Is MAWD straight Medicaid vs the 150 is PA's waiver program?

It may be best to call your caseworker!

When I strted working and was on Waiver my spend down was nearly impossible it was so high! I barely even made that much to cover irt. I would look into 1619 (b) if your on SSI..........