Thread: Need help please

Need help please

i am looking for help or info about quickie wheelchairs. am in despreate need of a new wheelchair and Need to know if the chairs are covered by medicaid. I just moved to texas. Models i have had in the past are the Quickie2 and Quickie GPV. I am currently interested in the Quickie2HP and the Quickie Revolution. If anyone has input about tese or any other quickie chair i should consider, it is greatly appreciated. Also if anyone has one for sale and is willing ti make payment arrangements please let me know. The measurements i would need are 19" wide 20" deep.
    Thank you so very much.
    Last edited by Cachuma; 03-26-2007 at 10:00 PM.

I am in the proccess of ordering a new chair myself , You can start by contacting your local wheelchair outlet (mine is the same as where I get my personal care suplies) They should walk you through the procedure.
    I don't have Medicaid , so I don't know how much they cover, I do have Medicare and they cover 80% minus things like rubber-coated handrims, clothing gards, frogleg caster wheels, neoprine coverings , etc...
    your surgical suply store should tell you what is and isn't covered by your insurance.

Also ... keep checking eBay ... I saw a Quickie GTX for $300 last month.
    There is a crack in everything ... That is how the light gets in (Leonard Cohen)

I would STRONGLY urge you to remove your e-mail address from your post. Use the PM feature for messages, but if you leave your e-mail here you may get a lot of spam and other types of undesirable messages. If you want a moderator to help, just let us know. (KLD)