Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: someone to talk to who understands....

Welcome to cure care. Think at this time things have to look up. Take some time for your self you'll burn out. Enjoy your small child there only little for a while.

I know with my father the home health aids were useles and the ones that were good he pushed away he only wants my mother as his caregiver. She works 40 hours a week and it take a lot out of her. To make it all work easier she finally set down rules for him in the form of a schedule. Then she figured out some chours he could do. Ie dust with the swiffer.

Hang in there and vent away. don't hold it in.

99ss00ws6, I'm glad that you're there for your husband. He's lucky to have you.
    Daniel

99ss00ws6 - Praise God my sister!! Stay strong because I too feel the same way about my brother's fiance. In my heart I know that God will allow her to walk again - don't know when, but I know in my heart it will happen. Amen - I feel the same way about 't' I told her that when she starts walking again she has to testify at every church that has her on their prayer list and let folks know that God is in the healing business. Just reading your comments give me chills. God Bless and I'll pray for you and WE WON'T GIVE UP. All things are possible through God.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindasue
    99ss00ws6 - Praise God my sister!! Stay strong because I too feel the same way about my brother's fiance. In my heart I know that God will allow her to walk again - don't know when, but I know in my heart it will happen. Amen - I feel the same way about 't' I told her that when she starts walking again she has to testify at every church that has her on their prayer list and let folks know that God is in the healing business. Just reading your comments give me chills. God Bless and I'll pray for you and WE WON'T GIVE UP. All things are possible through God.
    Have you ever heard of Project Walk? I'm sure you have since you are a member of the forum. I lift them up. He did so well while we were out there, I cannot wait to get back this summer. I just hope we can stay for the amount of time that he needs. How old is your future sister in law? I imagine it is hard for your brother. Tell him he is not alone. I would love to start a support group to go talk with newly injured SCI's to tell them not to give up and what they need to do i.e. get into therapy and not to listen to doctors who give rediculous percentages etc. I keep telling myself one day at a time.

Your right all things are possible through God....I am walking proof.

thanks everyone, I am so glad that I found this forum. Finally a breath of fresh air!

Jen